Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SK not natural

When Suzy Klein talks, it's like reading a paragraph without any punctuation, not to mention the fact she doesn't sound natural.
    If it's acting, I'm not at all convinced. Why do I bother listening? Why indeed?

I'd join the rest of us who gave up listening to Radio 3 in the morning eons ago.

It isn't going to get better.

Comment

Thought she was a breath of fresh Air when she first appeared on the scene.

A very big disappointment.

Comment

Probably quite an unworthy question: Is anybody still listening to Radio 3? Shouldn't this Forum perhaps be renamed The New CD Collectors and Horders Forum? Just asking - and only half-joking.
        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
          Probably quite an unworthy question: Is anybody still listening to Radio 3? Shouldn't this Forum perhaps be renamed The New CD Collectors and Horders Forum? Just asking - and only half-joking.
          Clearly, an average of 1.951 million were listening each week last quarter. But a poor result given that the idea seems to have been to make the programming so simple and entertaining that anyone will be able to cope with it.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Well, clearly Paulie55 is - otherwise she wouldn't've heard the offending presenter.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

I listen to Radio 3 very rarely at the time of broadcast, but a great deal via the iPlayer (time-shifted, that is).

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                I listen to Radio 3 very rarely at the time of broadcast, but a great deal via the iPlayer (time-shifted, that is).
                That in itself is interesting. No one suggests that there is never anything at all on Radio 3 that is of any quality any more. But those (a growing, but still tiny minority) who use the iPlayer, predominantly, for their Radio 3 listening, able to select what is of interest, are unaffected by the worst. The vast majority of listeners still listen to linear radio; and the most popular times for listening to radio (mainly pre noon) are unequivocally devoted to what many would regard as the Radio 3 Lite programmes. As at last year, 30% of pensioners have never used a computer. The average age of the Radio 3 audience is 59, which means a lot of older listeners are not in a position to take advantage of the iPlayer.

They want to listen on their radios at the most popular times for listening to radio. That means, effectively, to three programmes: Breakfast, Essential Classics and In Tune.
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

This question is being asked rather often ..... shouldn’t we hold a poll/survey to see what, if anything, members listen to on R3 and why. .... ????

Comment

<< As at last year, 30% of pensioners have never used a computer. The average age of the Radio 3 audience is 59, which means a lot of older listeners are not in a position to take advantage of the iPlayer.
                    They want to listen on their radios at the most popular times for listening to radio. That means, effectively, to three programmes: Breakfast, Essential Classics and In Tune. >>

Blimey!
                    Then no wonder there is restlessness in the R3 audience as reported on this forum and if those stats are true.
                    iPlayer and Utube are essential for me.

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                      This question is being asked rather often ..... shouldn’t we hold a poll/survey to see what, if anything, members listen to on R3 and why. .... ????
                      Why not? Go for it, Lord Gould

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                        But those (a growing, but still tiny minority) who use the iPlayer, predominantly, for their Radio 3 listening, able to select what is of interest, are unaffected by the worst.
                        That is definitely my case - like Bryn, almost no 'live' R3 (except TTN if I happen to be around at the relevant time) and more or less all on iPlayer, especially via the 30 day download facility on the iPlayer app.

Yes, it's to select what's of interest - but also an active strategy to AVOID the worst.
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                          That in itself is interesting. No one suggests that there is never anything at all on Radio 3 that is of any quality any more. But those (a growing, but still tiny minority) who use the iPlayer, predominantly, for their Radio 3 listening, able to select what is of interest, are unaffected by the worst. The vast majority of listeners still listen to linear radio; and the most popular times for listening to radio (mainly pre noon) are unequivocally devoted to what many would regard as the Radio 3 Lite programmes. As at last year, 30% of pensioners have never used a computer. The average age of the Radio 3 audience is 59, which means a lot of older listeners are not in a position to take advantage of the iPlayer.

They want to listen on their radios at the most popular times for listening to radio. That means, effectively, to three programmes: Breakfast, Essential Classics and In Tune.
                          I take you point but would just mention that one does not need a computer to access the iPlayer. There are other methods, such as YouView on 'smart' televisions. I would also suggest that the 70% of pensioners who do have used a computer are perhaps more likely to represent a likely population among which to find potential Radio 3 listeners. That said, I still think Radio 3 during Breakfast, EC, and Sunday Morning is generally pretty dire. I do sometimes scan through the play lists for such programmes, but very rarely find something I then go on to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                            << As at last year, 30% of pensioners have never used a computer. The average age of the Radio 3 audience is 59, which means a lot of older listeners are not in a position to take advantage of the iPlayer.
                            They want to listen on their radios at the most popular times for listening to radio. That means, effectively, to three programmes: Breakfast, Essential Classics and In Tune. >>

Blimey!
                            Then no wonder there is restlessness in the R3 audience as reported on this forum and if those stats are true.
                            iPlayer and Utube are essential for me.
                            That's a little over 3.5million (and means that I'm still below the "average age" of the R3 audience!)

iPlayer "essential" to my listening (and viewing), too. Of course, nobody from that 3.5million who have "never used a computer" has contributed to the Forum.
                            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                              ...I'm still below the "average age" of the R3 audience!
                              ... all right, all right - but must you show off quite so brazenly?

Last edited by vinteuil; 22-02-18, 14:19.

Comment

Working...
                              X