Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R3 In Concert 27-2-18

Does anyone know what the music will be for this? 'Presenting musical events from all over the world' is more than a little vague for a two and a half hour slot, but is all that the schedule list is admitting to at the moment.

according to the Radio Times -

Jeremy Denk (piano), Britten Sinfonia

Byrd/Gesualdo/Monteverdi, arr Denk
    Motets
    Stravinsky Concerto for piano and wind instruments
    Nancarrow Piano solos (selection)

8:15 interval

8:35
    Milhaud la Création du Monde
    Gershwin Rhapsody in Blue (original jazz band version)

Comment

Many thanks, vinty.

odd1 is quite right - the listing on the Beeb website is singularly restricted in usefulness!
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        Many thanks, vinty.

odd1 is quite right - the listing on the Beeb website is singularly restricted in usefulness!
        Well I suppose at least it isn't wrong.....
        And thanks to vinteuil from me too. Ironically I stopped having the RT some time ago because the R3 info was so inadequate and I didn't need any of the other 'magazine' stuff, so waste of money.
        Does seem a bit strange for the online info to be missing if it's a recording concert rather than a genuine live one.

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
          Does seem a bit strange for the online info to be missing if it's a recording concert rather than a genuine live one.
          Maybe you can assume it's the same as in RT where it seems it's only live if they say it is.

Comment

There's always the online Radio Times listings. Looks like Radio 3 doesn't even have the staff to keep its website up to date

Well I suppose at least it isn't wrong.....
            And thanks to vinteuil from me too. Ironically I stopped having the RT some time ago because the R3 info was so inadequate and I didn't need any of the other 'magazine' stuff, so waste of money.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              There's always the online Radio Times listings. Looks like Radio 3 doesn't even have the staff to keep its website up to date
              The gap was filled at lunchtime.
              I haven't gone down the online RT route because it means signing up to a company that I have had problems with in the past about use of my personal details.

Comment

I haven't gone down the online RT route because it means signing up to a company that I have had problems with in the past about use of my personal details.
                Does it? I've just checked it on my laptop and didn't have to sign in, register or anything. I don't remember having to do it on my desktop either. I don't find it as convenient as the R3 website, but if there's a dearth of information there, that's not much use.
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  Does it? I've just checked it on my laptop and didn't have to sign in, register or anything. I don't remember having to do it on my desktop either. I don't find it as convenient as the R3 website, but if there's a dearth of information there, that's not much use.
                  I've just tried again and you're right, so I'll bear that in mind. I could only get at the general radio page because I hadn't noticed the need to do one of those blink and you miss it sidestep manoeuvres to get at listings - I'm afraid I'm not too patient with things that don't go direct - and so assumed lack of listings was due to lack of sign in. Another useful bit of information for future reference.

Comment

Working...
                  X