Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Through the Night 6.7.2011

I would like to alert insomniacs and others to an interesting TtN programme on Wednesday 6th July which features Dinu Lipatti as pianist and composer, in performances from the archives of Romanian Radio:

John Shea presents a tribute to Dinu Lipatti from the archives of Romanian Radio.

I cannot recall hearing any of Lipatti's compositions, so I am looking forward to this.

In fact, it looks like an all-round good programme - back to the TtN standards of old.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

It is possible this is a partial rebroadcast, there were a few of Dinu Lipatti's works broadcast fairly recently on TTN.

Comment

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal View Post
        It is possible this is a partial rebroadcast, there were a few of Dinu Lipatti's works broadcast fairly recently on TTN.
        Possibly, sc. I don't usually check the TtN playlists. I just noticed that the Lipatti feature was headlined in the brief description of the programme. Still, I doubt that these works will come high on your list of most frequently broadcast pieces in the year

Comment

Working...
        X