Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danielle Jałowiecka

Female presenter with what sounds a Polish name but she speaks so fast I can't get a handle on what that name is - and because I am an idiot I cannot find her name anywhere on a list of R3 presenters.

Help, anyone?
    Last edited by FFAdminMKS; 08-10-23, 17:12.

Programme?

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      Female presenter with what sounds a Polish name but she speaks so fast I can't get a handle on what that name is - and because I am an idiot I cannot find her name anywhere on a list of R3 presenters.

Help, anyone?
      Its Danielle Jalowiecka, also an accomplished musician....I recall defending her excellent presentational style a few weeks back (in the time before...etc)...

Comment

Thx, BUT why is she on no list of R3 personnel that I can find?

Comment

She sometimes reads the news on R3 and World Service. I haven't come across her presentiing. Jayne may know more.

(She has the perfect R3 voice - IMVHO.)
          Last edited by kernelbogey; 30-05-20, 19:21.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
            She sometimes reads the news on R3 and World Service. I haven't come across her presentiing. Jayne may know more.
            Mainly Saturday PM earlier this year, but I haven't heard much R3 recently.... has worked on R4 too....

Comment

Ah, thank you that's cleared up a mystery. I also heard her earlier this year but couldn't get any sort of handle on the name, other than possibly Danielle or Daniella something, nor find details online.

Comment

She was on R3 YESTERDAY!!!!

Comment

Reading the news on Breakfast today: lovely voice, clear enunciation.
                  Last edited by kernelbogey; 09-09-20, 07:02.

Comment

Reading the news on Breakfast today: lovely voice, clear enunciation.
                    She is good isn't she? I noticed that the consonants at the ends of words are sounded(mainly d and t) with a clear break between words, which I think is a major reason for the clarity. Also she doesn't drop volume or swallow the end of sentences, something which Petroc does and I end up missing too much of what he says as a result.

Comment

I believe she's a professional musician - flute or recorder IIRC - so I hope she graduates to more R3 presentation. We could do with some more clear, calm voices....

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                        Also she doesn't drop volume or swallow the end of sentences, something which Petroc does and I end up missing too much of what he says as a result.
                        I think the problem with Petroc is that he doesn't believe in punctuation. All clauses and sentences are rolled into one, with breaths being taken in the least appropriate places. It's common among several other presenters, and Rpb Cowan was the same. I think it's because they've been told to avoid any hint of silence, though I'm not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                          I think the problem with Petroc is that he doesn't believe in punctuation. All clauses and sentences are rolled into one, with breaths being taken in the least appropriate places. It's common among several other presenters, and Rpb Cowan was the same. I think it's because they've been told to avoid any hint of silence, though I'm not sure why.
                          That seems much less of a problem than it used to be (thank heavens!), or at least I don't find myself holding my breath and willing him to breathe or alternatively muttering 'use the punctuation' and then getting irritated at the gasping inbreath. I think what sometimes happens now is that in looking/thinking ahead about what's coming next he tails off his speaking and possibly also doesn't maintain as good a connection with the microphone at such moments so it becomes a mumble.

Comment

I don't find myself holding my breath and willing him to breathe
                            I find myself holding my breath when GM is on. It's not quite the same issue as PT - I am thinking possibly anxiety.

Comment

I believe she's a professional musician - flute or recorder IIRC - so I hope she graduates to more R3 presentation. We could do with some more clear, calm voices....
                              The ideal R3 DJ!

Comment

Working...
                              X