Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was that performer?

Last Friday, 7am I jotted down the name of a tune I was enjoying: "Bach Oboe d'Amore Conc BWV 1005a". But I didn't catch the ensemble, and BBC don't mention it, or I can't find it, in words at least.

I did find a listing, it didn't mention the performer, but there was a handy link to Spotify. I'm fairly sure it was the same performer - the Oboe, so lovely (Matthew Jennejohn.) Liked it so much I re-subscribed to Spotify Premium.

Listen without limits, with BBC Sounds. Catch the latest music tracks, discover binge-worthy podcasts, or listen to radio shows – all whenever you want

Are the BBC -> Spotify links always to the same performer as on the programme?

According to the R3 website the soloist was Marcel Ponseele with the Ensemble Il Gardinello.

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
      According to the R3 website the soloist was Marcel Ponseele with the Ensemble Il Gardinello.
      Thanks. Listening to them, also, on Spotify, it might have been them... I trust the BBC breakfast page slightly more as it actually does list the performers:

Petroc Trelawny presents Radio 3's classical breakfast show, including the Friday poem.

I blame my cheap speakers, and breakfast chomping, for my lack of discernment!

Listening a bit more critically back to back on my headphones, I found more heft in Jennejohn's playing, and bite in his support. Ponseele and co. warmer and more lyrical. Both very beautiful!

Comment

Goossens for me.

Comment

Working...
        X