BUT
    no contact offered on their website?

Unusual?

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
    Fine addition IMO to R3
    BUT
    no contact offered on their website?

Unusual?
    Looks like the presenters have Twitter and Facebook accounts, etc., if that helps.

Comment

Thx.
      What puzzles me very slightly is that while NT has very, very satisfyingly more or less every conceivable combo of male / female voice/instrument/idiom/electronic invention i.e. a genuine Night Track feast, all carefully edited to please, titivate, intrigue, is well-organised and sequenced - EXCEPT not a single boy's solo/choral voice at all. Erm..........??

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
        Thx.
        What puzzles me very slightly is that while NT has very, very satisfyingly more or less every conceivable combo of male / female voice/instrument/idiom/electronic invention i.e. a genuine Night Track feast, all carefully edited to please, titivate, intrigue, is well-organised and sequenced - EXCEPT not a single boy's solo/choral voice at all. Erm..........??
        If everything else meets with your approval, I suppose you can't grumble. Your enthusiasm encouraged me to listen but not for long. I tried the first four tracks. Sorry, but to me total silence is less irritating.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          If everything else meets with your approval, I suppose you can't grumble. Your enthusiasm encouraged me to listen but not for long. I tried the first four tracks. Sorry, but to me total silence is less irritating.
          I avoid all these presenter-led sampler programmes. I find it just too frustrating that they seem to think snippets are all that is required to cover the music they feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            I avoid all these presenter-led sampler programmes. I find it just too frustrating that they seem to think snippets are all that is required to cover the music they feature.
            I think with this one is part of the recent Radio 3 'mood music' mania. Slow radio, mindfulness, radio to help you sleep. Late night programmes on Radio 3, if you go back, included Jazz Notes, Mixing It &c. Not everyone wants radio to help them off to sleep. Four nights a week we have Night Tracks, plus tonight Unclassified with ambient musician KMRU, Sigrid with calming Nordic sounds on Tearjerker and an hour of wind-down music with meditative ambient melodies on Downtime Symphony.Oh, please, wake me up someone.

All one can say is that it will please some people. Experience suggests everything does when it comes to entertainment.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              I think with this one is part of the recent Radio 3 'mood music' mania. Slow radio, mindfulness, radio to help you sleep....
              What makes it almost unlistenable to, for me, is the dotty adoption by the presenters (i.e. by the producers) of the mummy-says-sleepy-bye-byes-time voices.

Comment

maybe its one redeeming feature is the absence of mid program adverts (at least I assume they are missing - having it the off switch well before) - but why complain its just R3 in its death throes hoping to re-emege as a brand new trendy channel for the under teen market exploiting that untapped market between ceebees and the old-style R1

Comment

Does anyone else find the repetition of the phrases "You can find full detail of the tracks played on the programme website.." and " You can listen again on BBC Sounds" night after night after night a tad irritating, not to say patronising?

Comment

No.

Comment

I often listen to Night Tracks now, or perhaps overhear it, when I'm in the kitchen late evening, trying to fix a meal.

Classic FM's Smooth Classics runs into a longer ad break towards 2300, so I switch to Radio 3 then for a while at least.... I discovered Night Tracks by accident this way. Sometimes I alternate between the two...depending on their selections and my own moods.....

A nice choice to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Kernow Malc View Post
                        Does anyone else find the repetition of the phrases "You can find full detail of the tracks played on the programme website.." and " You can listen again on BBC Sounds" night after night after night a tad irritating, not to say patronising?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                          It's the equivalent of the 'built trails' that they have earlier in the day. They remind you of other BBC 'products'. (Or the current product. It used to be "This is BBC Radio 3, 90-93 FM and on digital radio, just in case you were wondering"). Radio 3 is mostly marshmallow broadcasting now - which is okay because they can guarantee a certain number of people will love marshmallow, at least now and again.

Comment

Working...
                          X