Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The selection of tracks for the Halloween playlist must be one of the more excruciating listens in long time. The words arch and infantile don’t do it justice. One listener has just suggested a WoO number by Beethoven. That’s WoO as in Woo as in owl as in link with owls and evil. Not exactly Wildean wit is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post
      The selection of tracks for the Halloween playlist must be one of the more excruciating listens in long time. The words arch and infantile don’t do it justice. One listener has just suggested a WoO number by Beethoven. That’s WoO as in Woo as in owl as in link with owls and evil. Not exactly Wildean wit is it ?
      If he or she meant owls of delight, the selection would have to include audience applause.

Comment

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post
        Well the Owls form up to finally winning last weekend has been frighteningly bad!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post

Well the Owls form up to finally winning last weekend has been frighteningly bad!
          I trust you’ve coughed up £100 Cloughmeister

Comment

CD finished during my ironing so I foolishly switched to R3 instead of going for another.
            As is usually the case, there was talk not music.
            Then, when the music started it was the Storm from Peter Grimes.

I came upstairs to choose another CD and to type this!!

Comment

Had a similar experience earlier when I switched on 'Breakfast' to find them playing the last movement of Saint-Saëns' Symphony No.3 yet again! I switched off again

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                CD finished during my ironing so I foolishly switched to R3 instead of going for another.
                As is usually the case, there was talk not music.
                Then, when the music started it was the Storm from Peter Grimes.

I came upstairs to choose another CD and to type this!!
                I wonder what prompted them to play that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                  I foolishly switched to R3

Originally posted by hmvman View Post
                  I switched off again
                  I have dwelt in the sunlit uplands of Never Switching EC On for some years now, and it’s great!

I do earnestly recommend it. (Less to write about on the Forum, mind )
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Armstrong View Post

I have dwelt in the sunlit uplands of Never Switching EC On for some years now, and it’s great!

It is worth checking the content of Essential Classis after the event, via BBC Sounds listings, just in case there is something worth streaming. Otherwise, I also gave up on EC some years ago.

Comment

Largely agree, Nick, perhaps changing 'Never' to 'Hardly Ever', which serves to keep me in touch, so that I often read the latest comments. I'm glad I did so today otherwise I would have missed a real gem - cloughie's King's College,Cambridge 6th April 2012 - though I did not risk the Halloween 'playlister.

Don't know what happened there! Should read cloughie's response no 4338

Comment

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
                        cloughie's response no 4338
                        The new platform doesn’t give me post numbers
                        - could you ‘quote’ the one you mean?
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

The new platform doesn’t give me post numbers
                          - could you ‘quote’ the one you mean?
                          You get the post numbers if you have the Posts view instead of Latest Activity. But I don't find those links work! Probably best to quote time of posting.
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post

This is the one I meant. You should read it along with the two or three preceding responses.

Cloughie's post is located nine places above here.

Sorry for the trouble - it's a bit like having to explain a joke - embarrassing

Comment

I still think my original title for this thread was best - a programme surely on the wrong station !

Comment

A propos of nothing in particular the playing of the Vienna Philharmonic and Prêtre just now in Nicolai’s Merry Wives Of Windsor overture was so exquisite I couldn’t stop smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X