X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arancie33
    • Jan 2011

Private Passions

I know this programme has come in for a bit of stick recently on one or other of the threads but I found today's very enjoyable. While the music may have been a mixed bag, though none of it intrinsically unwelcome, I thought Lucy Worsley came over extraordinarily well and probably could (and indeed nearly did) run rings around her interviewer. I am of course a fan and may be biased but more guests of that calibre everywhere might convert me to guest spots .... might!
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by arancie33 View Post
    I know this programme has come in for a bit of stick recently on one or other of the threads but I found today's very enjoyable. While the music may have been a mixed bag, though none of it intrinsically unwelcome, I thought Lucy Worsley came over extraordinarily well and probably could (and indeed nearly did) run rings around her interviewer. I am of course a fan and may be biased but more guests of that calibre everywhere might convert me to guest spots .... might!
    And Lucy Worsley is?

Comment

• Tony Halstead
      • Nov 2010

And Lucy Worsley is?

err.. the lady who was asked about her 'Private Passions'!

Comment

• Old Grumpy
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        And Lucy Worsley is?
        Chief Curator at Historic Royal Palaces apparently - no, I didn't know either. I do recall having seen her on some TV programme or other.

OG

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
          Chief Curator at Historic Royal Palaces apparently - no, I didn't know either. I do recall having seen her on some TV programme or other.

OG
          With that surname I wondered if she's any kin to the Duchess of Kent?

Comment

• Old Grumpy
            • Jan 2011

With that surname I wondered if she's any kin to the Duchess of Kent?
            No - scroll down!

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
              No - scroll down!
              Thanks.

Shame really I've always liked the Duchess!

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

And Lucy Worsley is?
                The principal guest on today's edition of Private Passions, the topic of this thread.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                  The principal guest on today's edition of Private Passion, the topic of this thread.
                  Thanks to the kind contributors to this board I have learned copious amonts about Ms Worsley thanks, Bryn!

Comment

• Norfolk Born

I've never had a problem with 'Private Passions' - together with the very different Early Music Show, it makes for 2 hours' enjoyable and often informative listening. I certainly enjoyed today's 'PP'.

Comment

• amateur51

Never mind the Duchess of Kent, is she any relative of Britain's Finest Ventriloquist?

I think we should be told!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
                        I've never had a problem with 'Private Passions' - together with the very different Early Music Show, it makes for 2 hours' enjoyable and often informative listening. I certainly enjoyed today's 'PP'.
                        i agree....just right for the day and time of day....and some really interesting offerings, and very interestings blends of music....still remember several from years ago Karen Armstriong for instance and Jon Snow....
                        bong ching

Comment

• Panjandrum

Originally posted by arancie33 View Post
                          I thought Lucy Worsley came over extraordinarily well and probably could (and indeed nearly did) run rings around her interviewer.
                          Wouldn't be hard. MB increasingly sounds like he has a hard job being interested in his guests or even staying awake.
                          Last edited by Guest; 06-02-12, 20:46.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                            Late member
                            • Nov 2010

he is probably sharing the joint with julian j who could become equally sparse with his vigour

and it follows quite nicely from desert Island Discs on r4 ... i am told

i will not listen to r4 it is beyond the pale ....
                            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Pianorak
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                              . . . i will not listen to r4 it is beyond the pale ....
                              You don't know what you are missing!

Last night 11pm: Anna Massey in terrific form: Miracles R Us. Glad, the dreadful title didn't put me off listening.
                              Today 9.30am One to One: Intelligent conversation between Bridget Kendall and Alexander McCall Smith. Never read any of his stuff but am tempted.
                              My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Working...
                              X