Yet another gaffe on Breakfast - can R3 get any worse???

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Word View Post
    It was remiss of me not to have noticed how you spelt your name, apologies for that.

(The aircraft were impressive, particularly the Lightning (sorry to be so predictable with my admiration), but as for the idea of burning 'heavy oil' in an internal combustion engine... .)
    No real offence taken, and I should have noticed you were only a twofer at the time. There is something inherently annoying about errors in one's own name. (That one, in my case, I tend to associate with missives from Nigerian aristocrats who've fallen on hard times.)

As I revealed in the earlier post, I can really take no reflected glory from my commercial and technical namesakes, though undoubtedly there would be a link if you went back far enough to our Huguenot roots. Please don't ask about the origins of the surname. (I hope you don't speak French.)

Comment

>>Please don't ask about the origins of the surname

Didn't some 19th century chap make a living as a particularly unusual performance artist ... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
        >>Please don't ask about the origins of the surname

Didn't some 19th century chap make a living as a particularly unusual performance artist ... ?
        Shhhhh!

Comment

:
          Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
          Help !
          I keep reading this thread as :

' Yet another giraffe on Breakfast '

Can it get any worse ?
          Having read this post I also now can't read the thread title without thinking about giraffes. However, I believe these creatures are thought to be silent. Oddly, I imagine them singing falsetto.

Comment

kernelbogey,

There's another discussion I'm having a problem with ... ' The impotence of breakfast '

Comment

Working...
            X