Morton Feldman "All Piano" 4 CD set (John Tiilbury)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Morton Feldman "All Piano" 4 CD set (John Tiilbury)

Not a new release, indeed now quite hard to find. However, would anyone here who has the set please PM me. There is an issue w.r.t. disc 3 (Triadic Memories) which you might like to know about and maybe want to deal with.
  • umslopogaas
    • Nov 2010

Bryn, I dont have the set, but I do have "Morton Feldman, for Bunita Marcus", Markus Hinterhauser, piano. If this is interesting, let me know. I've no idea what it sounds like, I only just took delivery. WWE 1CD 31886

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by umslopogaas View Post
      Bryn, I dont have the set, but I do have "Morton Feldman, for Bunita Marcus", Markus Hinterhauser, piano. If this is interesting, let me know. I've no idea what it sounds like, I only just took delivery. WWE 1CD 31886
      It's good, but it's not John Tilbury.

The reason for my original message concerns an editing problem for which I have constructed a kludge solution. JT jumped at the opportunity to re-record the Triadic Memories 'live' at St John's Smith Square a couple of decades later. That recording stands head and shoulders above any other I have heard of the work (and they are not a few).

Comment

• umslopogaas
        • Nov 2010

We are bandying names about as if we both knew much about them, but I fear that though you do, I know nothing about them except that they exist, so I will now spend a bit of time trying to play the CDs.

My shelf of CDs that are labelled "What to play when you want to get rid of guests who have outstayed their welcome" is ever more impressive, but alas, most of those guests were scared off by Stockhausen long ago. Have you noticed that there are VERY few people around who can tolerate this kind of music, and even fewer who like it?

By the way, what is a kludge??

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
          • Apr 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kludge
          I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

We are bandying names about as if we both knew much about them, but I fear that though you do, I know nothing about them except that they exist, so I will now spend a bit of time trying to play the CDs.

My shelf of CDs that are labelled "What to play when you want to get rid of guests who have outstayed their welcome" is ever more impressive, but alas, most of those guests were scared off by Stockhausen long ago. Have you noticed that there are VERY few people around who can tolerate this kind of music, and even fewer who like it?

In this case a series of modified copies and pastes from a pair of notes.

Comment

• umslopogaas
              • Nov 2010

Thanks folks, there's always something new to learn!

Comment

Working...
              X