No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    I thought he was mentioning me!
    Well, your part of South London - most parts of South London in fact - used to be on my cycling loops until I relocated to the sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      I thought he was mentioning me!
      Nh, you're beyond salvation.

Comment

Today:

Handel - Semele - ECO/Nelson, with Battle, Horn, Ramey, etc. (3CD)

Zemlinsky - Der Zwerg - Koln Orchester/Conlon (2CD)

Poulenc - Ouevres Lyriques (5CD, including premiere recordings of Carmlites and Les Mamelles de Tiresias)

Lortzing - Der Wildschutz - Munich Orchester/Heger (2CD)

Walton: The Bear - Northern Sinfonia/Hickok

Schumann - Genoveva - Gewandousorchester/Masur (2CD)

Messages - Veronique - Mady Mesple etc (2CD)

Virginia Astley - Hope In A Darkened Heart

£18 for the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by ChandlersFord View Post
          Today:

Handel - Semele - ECO/Nelson, with Battle, Horn, Ramey, etc. (3CD)

Zemlinsky - Der Zwerg - Koln Orchester/Conlon (2CD)

Poulenc - Ouevres Lyriques (5CD, including premiere recordings of Carmlites and Les Mamelles de Tiresias)

Lortzing - Der Wildschutz - Munich Orchester/Heger (2CD)

Walton: The Bear - Northern Sinfonia/Hickok

Schumann - Genoveva - Gewandousorchester/Masur (2CD)

Messages - Veronique - Mady Mesple etc (2CD)

Virginia Astley - Hope In A Darkened Heart

£18 for the lot.

That Poulenc set alone is worth the price.
          I kept mine despite later buying the (Erato) Complete Works, as the booklet has the librettos in.
          Happy listening.

Comment

I bought, amongst others, 2 cds of a pianist Georg Schneider, born 1967, cds from 1993 + 1999, both on minor German labels - just interested in what happened to the pianist and why 2 of his cds landed up on the Island, possibly in the wrong section but the cds were bought in a charity shop here in Peel.

Comment

Wandered into a Hospice Shop today....and wandered out again with Inbal’s Frankfurt Mahler cycle+Das Lied. That’s 15 CDs for ...... £1.50.

Comment

Wandered into a Hospice Shop today....and wandered out again with Inbal’s Frankfurt Mahler cycle+Das Lied. That’s 15 CDs for ...... £1.50.
                That's got to be "Find of the Week!" A much overlooked Mahler cycle. Well done!

Comment

Comment

My set, from the charity shop in Porthleven, some 3 or 4 years ago cost me £2 - and I thought I was doing well!

Comment

Today:

Strauss: Arabella - Te Kanawa/ROHO/Tate (3CD) £1.50
                      Beethoven: Complete Violin Sonatas - Oistrakh/Oborin (4CD) £1.50

Berg: Lulu - Migenes, Lear etc - Met Orchestra/Levine (2DVD) - £1.50
                      Berg: Lulu - Eichenholz/Larmore, etc - ROHO/Pappano (2DVD) - £1.50

Related purchases:

Pasolini’s film of Medea, with Callas - Blu Ray (£2.00)
                      Death in Venice (DVD) - £1.00

Not sure why I bought the Covent Garden Lulu DVD, as it’s of Christof Loy’s notorious ‘non-production’, which I loathed at the time (it’s basically a concert performance in a black box; I suppose you can’t have too many Lulus....)

Comment

Most unusual for me to find anything in charity shops but in Oxfam in Pocklington this morning, John Ogdon Great Performers of the 20th Century including both Liszt Piano Concerti, Harmonies du Soir and the Clochette Fantasy and A European Organ Tour including Reger, Bowen, Dupre, Karg-Elert and Bach. All for £3.00 in total!
                        Best regards,
                        Jonathan

Comment

I very rarely find anything worth having in the charity shops in West Yorks, however a few weeks ago I found no less than 15 10 cd box sets on the Membran label for £2 each. Johanna Martzy might be the highlight. Terrible remasters but interesting stuff, most public domane recordings. It's amazing what some of you folks down south find in second hand shops!

Comment

Hooray! Picked up the Haitink Debussy twofer and the Wand/NDR Brahms symphonies at Oxfam for £3 all in.

I already had some of the Debussy on one of those "Classic FM - The Full Works" CDs (whoever came up with that delightfully ironic bit of branding?), so that will now be on its way to a good home.

Comment

Toddy in the BHF shop…

Vaughan Williams. The Collector’s Edition. 30 CDs. £2.00 😉

Comment

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
                                Toddy in the BHF shop…

Vaughan Williams. The Collector’s Edition. 30 CDs. £2.00 😉
                                Wow! BHF are usually the highest prices charity shop for CDs, in my experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X