• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Kaufmann on the music industry

This caught my eye - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...tastrophe.html

I am partly interested as I have a Jonas Kaufmann CD in my "save for later" basket at am.uk, and one day I'm going to knock it into purchase mode - probably around Christmas time as a present.
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    This caught my eye - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...tastrophe.html

I am partly interested as I have a Jonas Kaufmann CD in my "save for later" basket at am.uk, and one day I'm going to knock it into purchase mode - probably around Christmas time as a present.
    Kaufmann is the pre-eminent voice of a generation. In 2013 I saw him in a Gala concert to mark the bicentennial of Wagner’s birth at Semper Oper, Dresden with the Staatskapelle Dresden under Christian Thielemann. His magnificent performance of Wagner scenes and arias will live long in the memory.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
      Kaufmann is the pre-eminent voice of a generation. In 2013 I saw him in a Gala concert to mark the bicentennial of Wagner’s birth at Semper Oper, Dresden with the Staatskapelle Dresden under Christian Thielemann. His magnificent performance of Wagner scenes and arias will live long in the memory.
      He must be very old.......

Comment

• Stanfordian
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        He must be very old.......
        No, he isn’t very old, he's dead. He died in 1883 aged 69. Didn’t you know?
        Last edited by Stanfordian; 13-10-16, 15:34.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
          No, he isn’t very old, he's dead. He died in 1883 aged 69. Didn’t you know?

Comment

Working...
          X