• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    Oh, yes.
    Interesting - thank you.

Comment

UPDATE: I’ve been listening to a fair bit of Trifonov this/last year. My first contact with him being a RFH concert, along with ferney and Caliban, including Rachmaninov's third piano concerto. We were staggered!

I have subsequently bought:

a double live CD set, Carnegie Hall (Chopin, Liszt, Scriabin, Medtner) and Teatro La Fenice Venice (Chopin recital).

A Rachmaninov disc (Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini, Variations on a theme of Chopin, Variations on a theme of Corelli, Rachmaniana)

A double CD Liszt recital (Etudes D'Exécution Transcendante, Waldesrauschen, Gnomenreigen, 3 Concert Etudes, Grandes Etudes De Paganini)

It is this last set that I’m choosing as my very, very close (head and shoulders is for dandruff) runner up CD of 2016.

Trifonov is a sensation. Those in the know put him up there with the greatest pianists of all time and this double CD is the best Liszt performance I have ever heard.

If you haven’t heard Trifonov or don’t have any of his recordings, you are seriously missing out and should put it right, without delay!!

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
      Yes, that’s my CD of the year as well - head and shoulders above anything else this year, too! So much so that I think I need to think about a couple of runners-up!

Last edited by Beef Oven!; 11-01-17, 11:13.

Comment

Working...
      X