Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
    Disappointed that the couple of James Dillon releases earlier this year already appear to be sold out, in terms of physical copies. And since one of them (Emblemata: Carnival) appears to consist of many tracks of a shorter length and I still don't know how to get a download comprised as such to play continuously, I guess that narrows it down to the other, Tanz/haus. Playing now, anyway...
    What do you think? I found both albums enjoyable - as usual with JD's music I had the impression that the forms are sort of arbitrarily put together, while at the same time thinking to myself "but it's much better than what most people are doing"!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardB View Post
      What do you think? I found both albums enjoyable - as usual with JD's music I had the impression that the forms are sort of arbitrarily put together, while at the same time thinking to myself "but it's much better than what most people are doing"!
      Yeah it's good. I'm listening now to the third part. There were a few earlier moments where not much was happening and I could have done with something more happening but then something beguiling... happened. I don't or can't keep track of lots of contemporary music (of this sort at least) so sort of rely on recommendations for these things. But I have several CDs of his - and there is something beguiling and colourful about his music... I know I described it as 'elusive' in the past - I guess 'mysterious' might be a suitable alternative description.
      BTW it seems these recordings were actually never released on CD...

Comment

Working...
      X