Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake orchestras

I noticed very recently on Qobuz some performances by an orchestra apparently called the St Petra Russian Symphony Orchestra, but no conductors seem to be named. The orchestra clearly isn't fake - the playing is at least genuine enough - though the recordings are somewhat dim and lack dynamics. The stated label is UN Classical Worlds, but a search for that only reveals a couple of hits, and most searches take one back to streaming sites such as Spotify.

Recordings noted to date include:

Mahler - Symphonies 1, 4, 5, 7

Haydn - Symphonies 1, 44, 49, 92, 94, 101, 102, 103, 104

Glazunov - Symphonies 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

Gliere - Symphony 3

Dvorak - Sympnonies 2,9

Miaskovsky - Symphony 15

Tchaikovsky - Symphonies 1,4,5

Bruckner - Symphonies - 3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Brahms - Symphony 1

and a number more.

See https://artistxite.co.uk/label/UN-Cl...-Worlds?page=2

A search for images gets this - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=st...w=1204&bih=671

It would perhaps be interesting to identify which artists have been involved in this enterprise - the orchestra(s) and conductor(s).
    Last edited by Dave2002; 04-06-17, 08:03.

Fake saint?

Comment

I'm sorry I clicked on that jean - what on earth...?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
        Her chief weapons are ...

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
          Click on 'What you need to know', though I'm not sure where the orchestras come into it.

Another 'Ideas' topic (though for elsewhere rather than here) might be whether the current mania for 'fantasy culture' blurs the distinction between truth and fiction …
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
            Click on 'What you need to know', though I'm not sure where the orchestras come into it.
            The "St Petra" link to Dave's OP.

Another 'Ideas' topic (though for elsewhere rather than here) might be whether the current mania for 'fantasy culture' blurs the distinction between truth and fiction …
            It would only be following Metaphysics if it does
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

I didn't expect this diversion - but I'm not going to make a big thing of it. I'm still interested in the orchestra!

I have now listened to a few of "their" performances on Qobuz.

Comment

There is an amazing increase in the use of 'fake' in our vocabulary in recent months.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  There is an amazing increase in the use of 'fake' in our vocabulary in recent months.
                  Indeed, and you may say trumping other words with similar meaning.

Comment

Working...
                  X