Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mathias broucek
    • Nov 2010

Thanks for all the terrific suggestions. I’ve got a couple of the Lintu discs (No. 2 sounds absolutely terrific in 24 bit) and the completion of No. 5 and Isis which are formidable (must get No. 4 too)

Have explored Arte Nove but they’re not that cheap any more. That said I’ve ordered the Octet (comes with 10tet). Interestingly I was in NY at the weekend and the wonderful Academy Records had an orchestration of the Octet by Foster which I’m looking forward to hearing.

Appreciate the suggestions of Magnard and Koechlin. I’ve explored both, enjoying the former slightly more than the latter. However the only Magnard I know is the orchestral music so I was pleased to find a recording of his String Quartet (again in Academy Records)

Comment

• Mal
      • Dec 2016

I greatly enjoyed this historical classic, with Menuhin and his sister, recently:

Comment

• ARBurton
        • May 2011

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
        r. However the only Magnard I know is the orchestral music so I was pleased to find a recording of his String Quartet (again in Academy Records)
        If you like opera, try his Guercoeur - there`s a recording on Warner/EMI from Michel Plasson and the Toulouse Capitole (who also recorded the symphonies for French EMI). I`m not aware of an official recording of his other surviving opera "Berenice" nor have I encountered anything in dvd format.

Comment

Working...
        X