Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dvorak Symphonies - Libor Pesek bargain set

I have just finished listening to this set . More than worth£16 of anyone’s money . The early symphonies are particularly good especially 2 and 4 - 5 and 6 are given lovely bright performances . I have heard better 7 and 8 but they are perfectly ok performances . The New World is a central sort of reading with a very good cor anglais in the Largo . The fill ups are also very good in particular a very charming American Suite.

Highly recommended as a supplement to older classic sets.

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
    I have just finished listening to this set . More than worth£16 of anyone’s money . The early symphonies are particularly good especially 2 and 4 - 5 and 6 are given lovely bright performances . I have heard better 7 and 8 but they are perfectly ok performances . The New World is a central sort of reading with a very good cor anglais in the Largo . The fill ups are also very good in particular a very charming American Suite.

Highly recommended as a supplement to older classic sets.
    You mean Kertesz, Rowicki and Kubelik! …and though no cycle by one conductor those old Supraphon inc Smetacek, Ancerl, Sejna and Talich provided the chance to hear them for the first time many years ago.

Comment

Working...
    X