Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A gramophone 100th birthday SURVEY has just landed in my inbox. If anyone is interested in filling it in, here it is:

You can enter a "prize draw", to win a pair of HI-X25BT Professional Wireless Headphones, if you get to the end, though that means losing your anonymity too.

There are some very curious questions ... notably, "On average, how often does your household pay to eat or drink outside the home?" and, "Which of the following do you drink regularly?", which make me wonder just what this is really about.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Jacques View Post
      A gramophone 100th birthday SURVEY has just landed in my inbox. If anyone is interested in filling it in, here it is:

You can enter a "prize draw", to win a pair of HI-X25BT Professional Wireless Headphones, if you get to the end, though that means losing your anonymity too.

There are some very curious questions ... notably, "On average, how often does your household pay to eat or drink outside the home?" and, "Which of the following do you drink regularly?", which make me wonder just what this is really about.
      It’s possibly about getting some very valuable data on Gramophone readers purchasing habits don’t you think ? So if a lot of Gramophone readers drink malt whisky (highly likely imv) then distillers advertising in the Mag have to pay a premium to hit that target audience. You can buck the system by putting your drink down as Lambrini of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post
        It’s possibly about getting some very valuable data on Gramophone readers purchasing habits don’t you think ? So if a lot of Gramophone readers drink malt whisky (highly likely imv) then distillers advertising in the Mag have to pay a premium to hit that target audience. You can buck the system by putting your drink down as Lambrini of course.
        Ha! Quite so. There was, on the other hand, a notable lack of questions re. quality/length of reviews, or anything at all in fact about the magazine's content. I had to add all that in a little "any other comments" box, hidden away at the end.

Comment

I’ve been plowing through the Anniversary Edition and really enjoying it. It is a cause for reflection that the art of writing about recorded music has been going on for a century continuously in one publication. . It is equally sobering to realize that I have been reading it, at least intermittently, for about half that time

Comment

Well, I've been in Sussex for over a week and not been able to find Gramophone...now in Terminal 3 Heathrow and it's not in the shops here either.

Comment

Not been able to find one in Bath either so ordered direct from them - and received "The 100 Jazz Albums That Shook The World"!

Comment

Working...
              X