Any old (60s-90s) Record Reviews to listen to?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any old (60s-90s) Record Reviews to listen to?

I started listening to RR in the mid 2000s as a teenager, and have always wondered what it sounded like in the earlier days.
    However I can't find any programs to listen to anywhere!
    I'd also love to hear their then current thoughts on now classic recordings.

Does anyone know where I can hear some, or is anyone willing to share some that they have?

Originally posted by gramophonic View Post
    I started listening to RR in the mid 2000s as a teenager, and have always wondered what it sounded like in the earlier days.
    However I can't find any programs to listen to anywhere!
    I'd also love to hear their then current thoughts on now classic recordings.

Does anyone know where I can hear some, or is anyone willing to share some that they have?
    Look for John D Walsh's channel on You Tube

Comment

Loads of stuff under that name but can't find any Record Reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordgeous View Post
        Loads of stuff under that name but can't find any Record Reviews.
        Is it under building a library ?

Comment

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
          Look for John D Walsh's channel on You Tube
          I just did, and see no record review. That name rings a bell, though. Were they taken down for some odd reason? Can't see the BBCC taking old programs like this from youtube!

Comment

Originally posted by gramophonic View Post
            I just did, and see no record review. That name rings a bell, though. Were they taken down for some odd reason? Can't see the BBCC taking old programs like this from youtube!
            They certainly appear to have gone. Maybe it was Universal complaining about their clips.

Comment

Not quite the same the same thing but you would certainly get a flavour of the approach taken on RR if you read copies of The Gramophone from the 60's to the 90's. You could have had mine but I got rid of them some years ago, although I wouldn't be surprised if others still have them and wouldn't mind passing them on.

Comment

Originally posted by gradus View Post
                Not quite the same the same thing but you would certainly get a flavour of the approach taken on RR if you read copies of The Gramophone from the 60's to the 90's. You could have had mine but I got rid of them some years ago, although I wouldn't be surprised if others still have them and wouldn't mind passing them on.
                This is a good point well made, I do have a gramophone subscription so can view them online.
                Still, I would love to hear the real thing, as it were, or at least some of it. I thought this might be the place to ask as at least you folks know what I am asking about!

Comment

Working...
                X