Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orchestral Concert CDs

Would anyone have any experience of Geoffrey Terry's Orchestral Concert CDs? The Jiri Waldhans Asrael symphony, the Witold Rowicki and Wanda Wiłkomirska Britten and Tchaikovsky disc and Kurt Masur's Bruckner look rather interesting and,of course,so do the Peter Katin discs. The recordings seem to be of a high standard but is that consistent and also I was wondering how much 'audience participation' there is.

Originally posted by soileduk View Post
    Would anyone have any experience of Geoffrey Terry's Orchestral Concert CDs? The Jiri Waldhans Asrael symphony, the Witold Rowicki and Wanda Wiłkomirska Britten and Tchaikovsky disc and Kurt Masur's Bruckner look rather interesting and,of course,so do the Peter Katin discs. The recordings seem to be of a high standard but is that consistent and also I was wondering how much 'audience participation' there is.
    I heard one of them on an Internet Radio Station. Hard to judge in a low bit rate format as background listening, but the audience was not particularly intrusive, and the reviews that I have seen have been very favorable.

Comment

Seems a free sampler disc is available as a download - http://www.orchestralconcertcds.com/cd/cd000.html

The catalogue should be available here.

Comment

Peter Katin's Chopin disc and the violin sonatas disc with Campoli are both excellent.

Comment

Thank you for your replies Chaps. I've downloaded and burnt the sampler disc, which won't play in my CD machine, and I think it's worth a punt. The best value seems to be three discs from the Orchestral Concert CDs site @ £35 inc. Postage. Although not a 'bargain' buy but maybe a quality one.

Comment

Originally posted by soileduk View Post
            Thank you for your replies Chaps. I've downloaded and burnt the sampler disc, which won't play in my CD machine, and I think it's worth a punt. The best value seems to be three discs from the Orchestral Concert CDs site @ £35 inc. Postage. Although not a 'bargain' buy but maybe a quality one.
            Let us know how it turns out

Comment

There were positive reviews for a lot of the discs in IRR - Nigel Simeone I think .

Comment

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                Peter Katin's Chopin disc and the violin sonatas disc with Campoli are both excellent.

Comment

Campoli is wonderful . A friend of mine described his playing as seductive and that it made her go weak at the knees . I know what she means .

I wish his Beethoven Concerto with Pritchard from the EMI archives would be released by Warner .

Comment

Working...
                  X