Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBCMM October'13:Verdi Requiem CD

The covermount CD is a 'live' performance of Verdi Requiem from the 1988 Proms season given by:
    Julia Varady (sop), Dolora Zajick (mezzo-sop), Dennis O'Neill (tenor), Evgeny Nesterenko (bass)

Bach Choir, BBC Symphony Chorus, London Philharmonic Choir

BBCSO

Sir John Pritchard (cond).

This is one of Sir John's final performances - he died in 1989. I've not listened to it yet but it's a promising line-up

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    The covermount CD is a 'live' performance of Verdi Requiem from the 1988 Proms season given by:
    Julia Varady (sop), Dolora Zajick (mezzo-sop), Dennis O'Neill (tenor), Evgeny Nesterenko (bass)

Bach Choir, BBC Symphony Chorus, London Philharmonic Choir

BBCSO

Sir John Pritchard (cond).

This is one of Sir John's final performances - he died in 1989. I've not listened to it yet but it's a promising line-up
    Some remarks regarding this CD have been made earlier.
    though enjoyable -as far as a Requiem can be enjoyable that is- I myself don't regard this a real archive-worthy recording, and there are some not very positive remarks to be made about the interpretation too, re vibrato of the soprano, e.g.

Comment

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
      Some remarks regarding this CD have been made earlier.
      though enjoyable -as far as a Requiem can be enjoyable that is- I myself don't regard this a real archive-worthy recording, and there are some not very positive remarks to be made about the interpretation too, re vibrato of the soprano, e.g.
      I'd like to be present when you make that point to Ms Varady, Roehre

Apols if there is an existing thread - could you point it out & I'll ask mods to conflate - many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        I'd like to be present when you make that point to Ms Varady, Roehre

Apols if there is an existing thread - could you point it out & I'll ask mods to conflate - many thanks
        am51, there isn't a thread, some two or three remarks/postings were made, that's all.

If you don't mind, I prefer to stay alive

Comment

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
          am51, there isn't a thread, some two or three remarks/postings were made, that's all.

If you don't mind, I prefer to stay alive
          Very wise, Roehre

Comment

Well, I never buy the BBCMM, it doesn't seem easily available here, but - I don't have a copy of the Verdi (which I think, for a Mass is a wee bit OTT), so I will search it out and buy it. Thanks Ams.

Comment

I do buy the BBCMM as it works out at less than £3 amonth, delivered, if one looks for a good offer.

I have several Verdi Requiems andIlove its theatricality -V's greatest opera perhaps.

Haven't played this yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                ....I have several Verdi Requiems andIlove its theatricality -V's greatest opera perhaps..

Comment

Working...
                X