No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reduced Shop Sales - not just a UK Problem

Just announced on France Musique:

(I never knew about the Trotskyite connection, but then every other Parisian clamied to be a Trotskyite in the 50s).

This is NOT good news.... I hope it doesn't go down the same road as HMV.

Comment

According to France Musique "ces suppressions de poste ne concerneront que les magasins en province et en Île-de-France" so bad news for you. That ne..que is a surprisingly metropolitan view of the country (perhaps not so surprising). Listen to "Dépêches Notes" at 13h30, 16h00 et 18h00 if you can.

Item on sales here:

Suite aux bons résultats annoncés par le Snep pour les ventes de disques, Yann Ollivier (Universal Music Classics & Jazz) et Yves Riesel (Abeille Musique et Qobuz) font le point sur la santé du disque de musique classique dans la Matinale.
      Last edited by Alain Maréchal; 30-09-13, 11:31. Reason: addition of link

Comment

Alain

Thanks for the info. I'll try and catch the 18H00.....

In fact, there is no Fnac in Béziers - the nearest being in Montpellier, but I can't imagine that that one will be for the chop. They don't have sales anywhere near those they had about 5 to 10 years ago. I picked up the Shostakovich complete symphonies (Kondrashin/Melodiya) in Saint-Étienne for 15,99 € in 2000!

Nick

Comment

I used to be a regular shopper at the Paris FNAC in Les Halles. Fingers crossed they don't go the way of Dixons or Comet in the UK.
          Steve

Comment

Working...
          X