Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven/Binns fortepiano sonatas

Does anyone else here have this L'Oiseau-Lyre survey (4 boxed sets fo LPs)? I managed to lose the documentation for Volume 3 during a house move in the '80s and would very much appreciate scans/high resolution digital photographs of the booklet's pages. I keep hoping Australian Eloquence will issue the full survey on CD, replete with the full documentation, but ...

Thanks in anticipation, if not quite expectation.

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    Does anyone else here have this L'Oiseau-Lyre survey (4 boxed sets fo LPs)? I managed to lose the documentation for Volume 3 during a house move in the '80s and would very much appreciate scans/high resolution digital photographs of the booklet's pages. I keep hoping Australian Eloquence will issue the full survey on CD, replete with the full documentation, but ...

Have you asked Eloquence, Bryn? I'm in regular contact with them and could pass on your request. Doubtless it would be published without the notes you seek!

Comment

Originally posted by verismissimo View Post
      Have you asked Eloquence, Bryn? I'm in regular contact with them and could pass on your request. Doubtless it would be published without the notes you seek!
      I have mentioned it to them in the past but a further request passed on by you would surely do no harm. Thanks. The comprehensive notes would really be the icing on the cake though. Each instrument used was described and illustrated, and there were quotes from the initial reviews of the sonatas' first publications. I know 'Wilf' from the old BBC Radio 3 Forum had the set but unfortunately he did not join us here. The final 5 sonatas were issued on CD under the Explore label, and I have them, but the notes with that issue were a very poor substitute for what came with Vol. 4 of the LP boxes. The Explore CDs can still be found "new" at a very low price (£6.10 including p&p for the double album) via amazon.co.uk and are well worth getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

Hi there Bryn...glad to say that I do possess those LPs, along with all the other L'Oiseau Lyre releases which I keep for nostalgic reasons! Not being as much of a technophile as yourself, I don't know how I could scan the booklet...my scanner/printer can only manage A4 size. Any suggestions? I would be happy to help.

I would also like to think that Eloquence could re-release two other Binns LPs from the same stable (which I also have) - that of Liszt piano music and a fascinating collection called 'The Broadwood Heritage', which featured no less than six instruments of that maker.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
          Hi there Bryn...glad to say that I do possess those LPs, along with all the other L'Oiseau Lyre releases which I keep for nostalgic reasons! Not being as much of a technophile as yourself, I don't know how I could scan the booklet...my scanner/printer can only manage A4 size. Any suggestions? I would be happy to help.

I would also like to think that Eloquence could re-release two other Binns LPs from the same stable (which I also have) - that of Liszt piano music and a fascinating collection called 'The Broadwood Heritage', which featured no less than six instruments of that maker.
          Many thanks, PM on its way to you.

Comment

I have just heard the latest instalment of the Brautigam Beethoven cycle on CD Review...can't wait for the whole thing to be put into a boxed set, alongside his other wonderful Mozart and Haydn cycles.

Comment

I have just heard the latest instalment of the Brautigam Beethoven cycle on CD Review...can't wait for the whole thing to be put into a boxed set, alongside his other wonderful Mozart and Haydn cycles.
              Presto appear to be offering it at the lowest price at the moment, (£10.50 + p&p). Do bear in mind that any possible future boxed set is likely to be of Red Book CDs, not SACDs.

Comment

Traditional CDs won't worry me, Bryn, I'm not that technologically sophisticated enough to have SACDs. But I have never heard of the term 'Red Book'...I presume this refers to standard CDs?

Comment

Traditional CDs won't worry me, Bryn, I'm not that technologically sophisticated enough to have SACDs. But I have never heard of the term 'Red Book'...I presume this refers to standard CDs?
                  Yes, "Red Book" refers to the standard for audio CDs, see http://blog.fixyourmix.com/2009/what...roducer-speak/

Comment

Working...
                  X