No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selections sale right now

Some cheap CDs right now at Selections.

Hurry! It's your last chance to buy these products. Shop great offers on our clearance lines of discontinued, faulty and damaged items.

(substitute the 6 in the URL for other numbers to see the the other clearance pages)

Verdi and Puccini box sets, and Arthur Grumiaux set.

Also Pizzetti piano music, and I do recommend the Dering Motets.

There’s also a Lemalu recital with Roger Vignoles for not very much - 99p.

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    Some cheap CDs right now at Selections.
    Verdi and Puccini box sets
    Yes - the very Verdi box that I've just paid a fiver extra for!

It's not exactly the sort of thing to endear me any closer to Verdi!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Now, now - you can hardly blame me for that. Sorry - I meant this to go in the bargains thread - not quite sure how it got here. Ah - I see there’s a bargains section, and also a separate bargains thread. Guess it doesn’t matter much.

We’re not forcing you to like Verdi, just as we allow another member to pass on the loved by god composer - just!

Comment

Now, now - you can hardly blame me for that.
        - oh, absolutely not: my ire is focussed entirely on Selections!

We’re not forcing you to like Verdi, just as we allow another member to pass on the loved by god composer - just!
        Ooh, I pity the fool who tries to force me to like something! I pity the fool!
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

I had an odd notification today. A notification message popped up indicating that "someone" had ordered some "stuff" - ostensibly on my Selections account. Turned out that Mrs D had ordered a few items, but the vendor's web site isn't working properly, so I received the notification. No harm done, though - as whatever it was is intended to come to this address.

While on the phone I enquired about whether Selections still sells CDs. The answer was "yes", but not so many now as previously. The firm has decided it's no longer a very viable business, as the demand for CDs has dropped off very significantly. I also learned - which I hadn't realised - that Regis records were part of Selections' business - and they actually produced the CDs. I didn't know that.
          Last edited by Dave2002; 30-04-18, 22:21.

Comment

I had an odd notification today. A notification message popped up indicating that "someone" had ordered some "stuff" - ostensibly on my Selections account. Turned out that Mrs D had ordered a few items, but the vendor's web site isn't working properly, so I received the notification. No harm done, though - as whatever it was is intended to come to this address.

While on the phone I enquired about whether Selections still sells CDs. The answer was "yes", but not so many now as previously. The firm has decided it's no longer a very viable business, as the demand for CDs has dropped off very significantly. I also learned - which I hadn't realised - that Regis records were part of Selections' business - and they actually produced the CDs. I didn't know that.
            Do you have a link, or at least, the site address? Thanks.....

Comment

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
              Do you have a link, or at least, the site address? Thanks.....
              Try this - https://www.selections.com

It'll show all sorts of garden stuff, bird food etc. Look under the Clearance section and you may (from time to time) find something worthwhile.

I think they've gone into Lidl mode now - not everything is advertised or available at any one time. There's nothing CDish on their site right now as far as I can see.

There is also some evidence of this company from time to time on Amazon. It used to be quite a major player in selling cheapish CDs and DVDs - but as discussed with the lady on the phone, the business in that area has more or less collapsed. If I spot anything like a temporary resurgence I'll put an alert out. At one time I thought I was keeping them in business ....

Comment

Many thanks, Dave - I'll check from time to time. You never know...!

Comment

Working...
                X