Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mega-Bruckner in Nottingham!!

Heads up, guys & gals, especially if you live in E Mids!

Some local Bruckner collector has apparently downsized his collection drastically, and put a huge load of B symphony CDs into the Beeston, Nottingham Oxfam shop. I'm talking about ten versions, often obscure live/radio recordings I think, of No's 4, 7 and 8 in particular, but most of the others are represented.

Typically £1-3 a disc IIRC. Didn't buy much myself as I tend to think I have this particular area well enough covered on the shelves, though no doubt 'real' B forumistas would regard my coverage as pitifully thin
    I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Thanks for the tip. We're expecting to be in Beeston this weekend or next to see my new niece, so I'm sure I can slip out while everyone else is cooing over the baby!

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up to LMP. I was in Beeston today and picked up the Dohnanyi 5 and 3&8 two-pack, plus the Harnoncourt 3. Left several recordings of the 4th on the shelves as I figured I already had enough of those.

Comment

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
        Heads up, guys & gals, especially if you live in E Mids!

Some local Bruckner collector has apparently downsized his collection drastically, and put a huge load of B symphony CDs into the Beeston, Nottingham Oxfam shop. I'm talking about ten versions, often obscure live/radio recordings I think, of No's 4, 7 and 8 in particular, but most of the others are represented.
        There shouldn't be any insomnia problems in the Nottingham area for a while, then!

Comment

Working...
        X