Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

I can't really understand why anyone would prefer these on a piano. Having said that Perahia and Gould are good. Pinnock is excellent, I recall, and plays on a proper instrument. I'll look out the version you mention.

Comment

• gurnemanz
      • Nov 2010

Just got the new Chandos Années de Pèlerinage from Louis Lortie. All three are fitted onto two CDs and the set is very well priced at only £9.99 (HMV). Great interpretations and the sound of the Fazioli grand is quite amazing.

Comment

• Pianorak
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
        Just got the new Chandos Années de Pèlerinage from Louis Lortie. All three are fitted onto two CDs and the set is very well priced at only £9.99 (HMV). Great interpretations and the sound of the Fazioli grand is quite amazing.
        Lucky you. Appears to have gone from the HMV site.
        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• gurnemanz
          • Nov 2010

Still there apparently, but mistakenly listed as "Number of Discs: 1"

Comment

• Hitch
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by groovydavidii View Post
            M.Bs’ might be interested, Amazon are offering “Mozart Operas, Limited Edition” (Archiv), (18 discs), J.E. Gardiner, at the starting price of £29.90. The operas are: Idomeneo, Die Entfuhrung aus dem Serail, Le nozze di Figaro, Don Giovanni, Cosi fan tutte, La clemenza di Tito, and Die Zauberflote (Bryn Terfel, Sophie von Otter, etc), the Edition is limited to 10,000.
            I couldn't resist this. Thank you for hurting my bank account.

Comment

• Pianorak
              • Nov 2010

No wonder it wouldn't show up as it's listed under Chamber & Instrumental. Many thanks gurnemanz!!

In case any one is interested: First and second prize at the XIV International Tchaikovsky Competition (piano section) went respectively to: Daniil Trifonov and Yeol Eum Son.
              My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Mandryka

Julius Katchen's highly-regarded set of Brahms' complete solo piano music for just shy of £20.00

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
                  Julius Katchen's highly-regarded set of Brahms' complete solo piano music for just shy of £20.00
                  I paid quite a bit more than that about ten years ago and have greatly enjoyed the performances.

Comment

• hafod
                    • Nov 2010

For lovers of British music who have not encountered it “The British Symphonic Collection” from Membran contains 10 of the 16 Douglas Bostock CDs recorded in Liverpool/Munich 1998-2005 and issued originally by Classico.

This 10 CD set is a steal at 9.99 euros from jpc.

Im Shop finden Sie über 4 Mio CDs, LPs, Blu-rays, DVDs und Bücher. Portofreier Versand für Vinyl und alle Bestellungen ab 20 €. Jetzt stöbern!

MDT has it for £13.45 - the link also lists the mouth watering contents.

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

£10.99 including p&p from hmv.com (if they don't decide it is no longer available, as they are sometimes wont to do).

Comment

• Stanfordian
                        • Dec 2010

The best deal yet is that the 10 disc set 'The British Symphonic Collection' is available at HMV (hmv.com) for £10.99 including postage and packing'.

Comment

• Ferretfancy
                          • Nov 2010

The August BBC MM has the Goldberg Variations as its cover disc, played by Freddy Kempf at the Mananan International Festival in the Isle of Man in July 2009.
                          I must confess I've never heard of this event, but the disc must surely be a bargain. I'll be listening to it at the weekend.

Comment

• hafod
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stanford's Legacy View Post
                            The best deal yet is that the 10 disc set 'The British Symphonic Collection' is available at HMV (hmv.com) for £10.99 including postage and packing'.
                            I did not give the HMV link as they list this as being on the Metronome label and although the catalogue number is correct the item is claimed to be just one disc. I guess it must be the 10 CD set from Membran but with HMV (and Amazon) I have found it prudent never to take anything for granted unless it is the quoted price that is absurdly low then of course I jump in..

Comment

• hackneyvi

I'm not sure that these quite qualify as 'bargains' but the Wigmore Hall are having a sale on some of their live CDs.

The first dozen releases are £3 each.

Comment

• Jonathan
                                • Mar 2007

Great stuff, just bought the Nash Ensemble playing Schumann, Brahms and Moscheles! Thanks for that hackneyvi...
                                Best regards,
                                Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                                X