• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
    If you send them an email they'll unblock the account - at least that's what they did for me.
    Thanks. I have used their contact system to raised the issue. About how long would you expect them to take to respond positively (rather than just an automated acknowledgement)?

Comment

• Stunsworth
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      About how long would you expect them to take to respond positively (rather than just an automated acknowledgement)?
      I'm struggling to remember how long it took them to unblock me, but I have the feeling it was only a day or so.

One other point that may be of interest if you use iTunes that that their downloader puts the music directly into the iTunes library. There's probably an option to switch that off, but it doesn't bother me to have it put there.
      Steve

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

I'm struggling to remember how long it took them to unblock me, but I have the feeling it was only a day or so.

One other point that may be of interest if you use iTunes that that their downloader puts the music directly into the iTunes library. There's probably an option to switch that off, but it doesn't bother me to have it put there.
        All now sorted. Thanks again Steve.

Comment

• Stunsworth
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          All now sorted. Thanks again Steve.
          Glad to hear it.
          Steve

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Not sure if it's ben mentioned or not but the complete Schubert symphonies (Les Musiciens du Louvre Grenoble - Marc Minkowski) are in the Qobuz Promo at €9.99. Quite far into the rising price list though, so best to search by title. In this case the 'Studio Masters' are at 48/24.

Comment

• PJPJ
              • Nov 2010

For release at the end of the month but currently on offer at super-bargain price at Qobuz, Yannick Nezet-Seguin's forthcoming Rite coupled with Bach-Stokowski:

Listen to unlimited streaming or download Igor Stravinsky : The Rite Of Spring - Leopold Stokowski : Bach Transcriptions by Philadelphia Orchestra in Hi-Res quality on Qobuz. Subscriptions from $10.83/month.

24/96 available, too

Comment

• Stunsworth
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
                For release at the end of the month but currently on offer at super-bargain price at Qobuz, Yannick Nezet-Seguin's forthcoming Rite coupled with Bach-Stokowski:

Listen to unlimited streaming or download Igor Stravinsky : The Rite Of Spring - Leopold Stokowski : Bach Transcriptions by Philadelphia Orchestra in Hi-Res quality on Qobuz. Subscriptions from $10.83/month.

24/96 available, too
                At 3.50€ for the 24/96 version it seemed worth a punt. Now ordered.
                Steve

Comment

• DublinJimbo
                  • Nov 2011

Also at Qobuz and available as a pre-release (very-)special download offer is Gustavo Dudamel's new recording with the Berlin Philharmonic: a Richard Strauss triple bill (Also sprach Zarathustra, Till Eulenspiegel, Don Juan). Release date is 23rd September.

For a mere € 3.48 for the 24/96 version, who wouldn't give this a try? I certainly have.

Comment

• Stunsworth
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DublinJimbo View Post
                    For a mere € 3.48 for the 24/96 version, who wouldn't give this a try? I certainly have.
                    So have I.
                    Steve

Comment

• Parry1912
                      • Nov 2010

So have I.
                      Likewise.

Incidentally, I took their advice to install the downloader. However, unlike the website, this only seems to be in french! Bain-marie! Apres moi, la deluge! Canard!
                      Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• Stunsworth
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
                        Likewise.

Incidentally, I took their advice to install the downloader. However, unlike the website, this only seems to be in french! Bain-marie! Apres moi, la deluge! Canard!

I could be wrong, but I think the 'English' version of the website is the French one run through Google translate.

There may be a native English version coming as they've just updated their iPhone app to have French/English language options - I subscibe to their music streaming service, so use them instead of Spotify.
                        Steve

Comment

• Ruhevoll

Arrau: Complete Beethoven Sonatas for £20 inc p&p.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                            Gone fishin'
                            • Sep 2011

Just downloaded the MP3s of Brautigam's Mozart Piano Sonatas on BIS - £7.49 the lot from Amazon. Excellent performances, very good sound.
                            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Stunsworth
                              • Nov 2010

Grimaud, Vienna Phil, Brahms 2. Hi-res download from Qobuz 3.48€. CD quality 2.59€. Preorder here...

Listen to unlimited streaming or download Johannes Brahms : Piano Concerto No.2 in B flat, Op.83 (Studio Master pour ce seul concerto enregistré au Musikverein de Vienne) (Live At Musikverein, Vienna / 2012) by Hélène Grimaud in Hi-Res quality on Qobuz. Subscriptions from $10.83/month.
                              Steve

Comment

• johnb
                                • Mar 2007

Not exactly bargains but Europadisc has a 25% discount on LSO Live CDs bringing the prices down to £6.94.

Europadisc are a leading supplier of recorded classical, opera and chamber music on CD, DVD, SACD and Blu-ray. Worldwide shipping and titles ready for despatch.

Comment

Working...
                                X