X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
    On the subject of Beethoven's Piano Sonatas ...

Barenboim's EMI set (10CDs) at Sainsbury's for £14.99
    Sorry, trumped that - Oxfam a week ago - new for a fiver!

Comment

• AmpH
      • Feb 2012

Sir Adrian Boult - The Complete Conductor 10CD box at a good pre order price here :-

Comment

• Parry1912
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
        Sir Adrian Boult - The Complete Conductor 10CD box at a good pre order price here :-

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.c...duct=E11275319
        So, if you don't already have Sir Adrian's recording of Parry's 5th, etc. (and why not?), this is a good opportunity to add it to your collection.
        Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
          So, if you don't already have Sir Adrian's recording of Parry's 5th, etc. (and why not?), this is a good opportunity to add it to your collection.
          Every home should have one,and I've been listening to mine this very evening (neglected Brits thread).

Comment

• Barbirollians
            • Nov 2010

This cheap import allows one to get Berman's Liszt Concertos with Giulini shorn of the dozy Sinopoli symphonic poem couplings available bere and with his fascinating Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No1 with Karajan instead.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klavierkonze...berman+karajan

Comment

• Dave2002
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by AmpH View Post

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.c...duct=E11275319
              Nzt sure if the listing has been posted before, but here it is - http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/W...assics/0192702

Comment

• Parry1912
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                This cheap import allows one to get Berman's Liszt Concertos with Giulini
                And excellent they are!
                Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• amateur51

ICA are releasing a boxed set of twenty previously issued BBC Legends rercordings but at a hugely discounted price - quite a bargain if there aren't too many duplicates ...

Comment

• AmpH
                    • Feb 2012

Ginette Neveu collection. Wonderful violinist. The Sibelius VC and the Chausson Poeme are especially good.

No idea what the transfers are like though.

Comment

• hafod
                      • Nov 2010

Gardiner Collection: 30cds for €23.90 at Amazon Italy (about £27 delivered - a bit less from the Marketplace seller tho' slightly worrying that despatch is 2-4 weeks for the former). Too much duplication for me.

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                        Gardiner Collection: 30cds for €23.90 at Amazon Italy (about £27 delivered - a bit less from the Marketplace seller tho' slightly worrying that despatch is 2-4 weeks for the former). Too much duplication for me.
                        http://www.amazon.it/gp/offer-listin...&condition=new
                        A bargain indeed, but I find myself in the same situation. Far too many duplicates of previous purchases.

Comment

• Stunsworth
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                          http://www.amazon.it/gp/offer-listin...&condition=new
                          Thank you, you, I have friend who's a big fan, but doesn't have much by him. That's one less Christmas present to worry about.
                          Steve

Comment

• Ferretfancy
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                            Nzt sure if the listing has been posted before, but here it is - http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/W...assics/0192702
                            The box appears to have three different recordings of The Planets and I'm not sure if I need them all.

I have found an interesting Boult curiosity in a mint condition LP from Oxfam. This is a World Record Club release of Sir Adrian conducting the Vienna State Opera Orchestra ( VPO ) in the Vaughan Williams Tallis Fantasia, the Greensleeves Fantasia, and The English Folk Songs Suite. Only 50p again!

I have rather lost track of how many times Boult recorded the Tallis. I have two LPO versions, and one with the New Philharmonia from the Cheltenham Festival in 1972, but no doubt there are others. The Vienna version is really rather good in nice early stereo. The sleeve gives the WRC release as1964, but it must be earlier than this. It really is good to hear those Vienna strings in this work. Perhaps somebody can shed more light on this recording.

Comment

• hafod
                              • Nov 2010

ANTHOLOGY OF THE RCO

Volumes 5, 6 & 7 of this wonderful series are available from Amazon.de for €13.51, 19.62 & 19.62!!

It can't last and may not be honoured but worth a punt.

Just put 'Anthology of the RCO' into the search box and each box comes up in order (I am not posting a link as it may throw up my details as I have just placed an order).

Good hunting!

Stop Press: Vol 4 at Amazon.uk for £12.71 altho' listed 'temporarily out of stock' - sometimes a bad sign.
                              Last edited by hafod; 25-09-13, 18:35. Reason: stop press

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

The Rautavaara complete symphonies on Ondine is back down to about £12 inc P and P on Market place.
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X