• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stunsworth
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
    Nice free download here:

http://the-sixteen.org.uk/page/3230
    Thanks, downloading as I write. The discount code will only work if you select the 'all formats' option.
    Steve

Comment

• Curalach

The Sixteen Venetian Treasures disc was the free download on the Chandos "The Classical shop" newsletter some months ago.
      This month's free download is Nielsen's Aladdin with Rozhdestvensky.
      It's worth signing up for. I think all the freebies are in mp3 format.

Comment

• amateur51

A pre-order blooper bargain (I guess) at sendit.com, if you want/need to hear the Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra under Chailly in Beethoven's symphonies - £5.99 plus a few bob for postage

Comment

• amateur51

A bit of a pig-in-a-poke here because my eyes can't work out which of Furtwangler's Ring cycles this is but at £13.99 it's surely a bargain in either case

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            A pre-order blooper bargain (I guess) at sendit.com, if you want/need to hear the Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra under Chailly in Beethoven's symphonies - £5.99 plus a few bob for postage

http://www.sendit.com/cd/elysium.sea...NsYXNzaWNhbCE=
            Mmmm. Another I need like a hole in the head, but ordered anyway! Postage is i think £1.88.

Comment

• PJPJ
              • Nov 2010

I think it says Rome and 1953.

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              A bit of a pig-in-a-poke here because my eyes can't work out which of Furtwangler's Ring cycles this is but at £13.99 it's surely a bargain in either case

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=697386

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
                I think it says Rome and 1953.
                Cheers eagle-eyed PJPJ

Comment

• Dave2002
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
                  Thanks, downloading as I write. The discount code will only work if you select the 'all formats' option.
                  Indeed, very nice. Lovely sound.

How does one actually get all the formats?

I decided to get the ALAC version on the grounds that I could always convert to the others anyway, but some might prefer to go straight to an MP3 or aac for convenience reasons.

Some sites have a download area where one can go back to, in order to pick up outstanding downloads, but I'm not sure that this one does.

Comment

• Mandryka

Furtwangler RAI Ring duly ordered! This is especially pleasing after Tesco failed to provide me with the EMI version earlier this month....so, thank you, amateur_51, that's about fourteen quid saved!

Comment

• Dave2002
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Curalach View Post
                      This month's free download is Nielsen's Aladdin with Rozhdestvensky.
                      It's worth signing up for. I think all the freebies are in mp3 format.
                      Looks like I'm probably too late for the Nielsen. Pity, but will see what turns up next month.

Comment

• Stunsworth
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                        How does one actually get all the formats?
                        After you've selected the all format option and checked out, a window pops up with the formats shown. You can then click on, and download, which ever format you require. You're not just limited to one format, so in theory at least you could download all of them, one after the other.
                        Steve

Comment

• Dave2002
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
                          After you've selected the all format option and checked out, a window pops up with the formats shown. You can then click on, and download, which ever format you require. You're not just limited to one format, so in theory at least you could download all of them, one after the other.
                          I saw that, but i think you have to stay on the page to make use of it. Some other sites have a login, which enables one to revisit some pages, such as download pages.

Comment

• PJPJ
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                            Looks like I'm probably too late for the Nielsen. Pity, but will see what turns up next month.
                            Check your notifications!

Comment

• PJPJ
                              • Nov 2010

Free downloads from Cincinnati - a series of fanfares celebrating Paavo Jarvi's final season

one of which seems to have been written for me.

One per week for five weeks

SEP 25 JONATHAN BAILEY HOLLAND: The Party Starter

OCT 2 JÖRG WIDMANN: Souvenir bavarois (‘Remembering Bavaria’)

OCT 9 STEWART GOODYEAR: Count Up

OCT 16 CHARLES COLEMAN: P.J. Fanfare

OCT 23 ERKKI-SVEN TÜÜR: Fireflower

Comment

• Chris Newman
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

A big request!!!

I bought what I thought was a bargain on a jumble stall the other weekend: Jascha Horenstein's Unicorn-Kanchana Mahler 3 with Norma Procter and the LSO on CDs. I still kick myself for getting rid of my LPs. The lady wanted £2 but I gave her £5 knowing that if it worked I had a bargain. Disc 1 works perfectly on all my CD players and computer. CD2 won't work on my computer and (despite looking pristine) has a swishing sound on both my CD players.

If there is some kind soul who could let me have a copy of Disc 2 I am very willing to copy anything from my collection in exchange. If you think you can help please contact me via a Private Message.

bws
                                Chris.

Comment

Working...
                                X