Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

amazon.fr appear to be having a 30% off promotion for customers buying 3 boxes - from a selection.

The selection includes these, which might be of interest even without the 30% off -

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00B...e_epc__1p_7_ti Horowitz

http://www.amazon.fr/Toscanini-Colle...VXC74J5HZXQYJ9 Toscanini

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Hanging in there ...

After a long period of waiting, during which it looked more and more likely as though I'd get the "Sorry, we are unable to supply, for XXX reasons" message from am uk, I have just been notified that the Byron Janis set mentioned some while back, is on its way. Hopefully it will arrive, and shortly too.

Comment

• vinteuil
        • Nov 2010

... well, I think it's a bargain - the 85 CD box of SEON Early Music, just received. I got mine for about 110 euros...

Comment

• MickyD
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
          ... well, I think it's a bargain - the 85 CD box of SEON Early Music, just received. I got mine for about 110 euros...

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00KXJD58M
          Oh Vints, I had just managed to forget about that tempting box and you mention it again! I would love to have it, but finances don't allow, due to a leaking roof...

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

Tempting indeed. Tracklist here

Comment

• Dave2002
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
              The price on the Italian site has gone up a bit, but probably still in range for some of us - around 140 Euros = about £110 at today's rates, plus a bit for postage.
              Over £200 on the UK site.

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                Indeed.
                If there were two boxes of approx 40 cds (chronologically ordered by composers' dates) I definitely would go for the first one immediately.
                This is too much for me, especially for the music from JSBach onwards, almost completely in these recordings in my collection already.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                  Gone fishin'
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
                  Indeed.
                  If there were two boxes of approx 40 cds (chronologically ordered by composers' dates) I definitely would go for the first one immediately.
                  This is too much for me, especially for the music from JSBach onwards, almost completely in these recordings in my collection already.
                  Exactly my own response, Roehre.

(My Bank Manager's was "Phew!" )
                  [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• vinteuil
                    • Nov 2010

... to my surprise, I only had half a dozen of the SEON discs - so getting 85 CDs for some £94 - with this minor duplication - was still an extraordinary bargain. It's all handsomely produced, too...

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                      Oh Vints, I had just managed to forget about that tempting box and you mention it again! I would love to have it, but finances don't allow, due to a leaking roof...
                      Cheaper from amazon.fr (€100 + VAT + p&p, i.e £102.29 including VAT and p&p).

Search for ASIN : B00KXJD58M on amazon.fr

Comment

• Dave2002
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                        Cheaper from amazon.fr (€100 + VAT + p&p, i.e £102.29 including VAT and p&p).

Search for ASIN : B00KXJD58M on amazon.fr
                        Dynamic pricing - now 120 euros at .fr I should have put my order in an hour or two ago!

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Dave, that's EUR 100 + VAT. I was initially confused when I got the confirmation email which stated EUR 100 + TVA. Then the penny dropped.
                          Last edited by Bryn; 25-09-14, 19:25. Reason: Damned predictive text.

Comment

• Dave2002
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                            Dave, that's EUR 100 + VAT. I was initially confused when I got the confirmation email which stated EUR 100 + TVA. Then the penny dropped.
                            Thanks - does make sense. Current price is indeed £102.29. The Euro is relatively low right now which helps.

Comment

• Rolmill
                              • Nov 2010

CD Selections have the following terrific bargain - three of the wonderful McCreesh/Gabrieli Consort liturgical reconstructions on 5 CDs for £3.99 (postage is £1.26 for single CD, otherwise £3.49):

A wide range of Gardening, home accessories, wildlife and bird care products, outdoor leisure and games.

Comment

• Bryn
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Rolmill View Post
                                CD Selections have the following terrific bargain - three of the wonderful McCreesh/Gabrieli Consort liturgical reconstructions on 5 CDs for £3.99 (postage is £1.26 for single CD, otherwise £3.49):

http://www.selections.com/venetian-v...cds-11458.html
                                1p less via amazon.co.uk marketplace.

Comment

Working...
                                X