• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pianorak
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    Both have now leapt in price.
    So they have - amazing. I wonder if they stick to their word (at £21.86) : Arriverà: mercoledì 22 novembre -martedì 28 novembre.
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• vinteuil
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
      So they have - amazing. I wonder if they stick to their word (at £21.86) : Arriverà: mercoledì 22 novembre -martedì 28 novembre.
      ... well mine is now - spedito : arriverà 22 nov - 28 nov

Comment

• Pianorak
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
        ... well mine is now - spedito : arriverà 22 nov - 28 nov

Snap! - Ti informiamo che il venditore musicexport ha spedito il tuo ordine ed è in transito.
        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

Both have now leapt in price.
          You’ll have to let me know what I missed - since I didn’t bother. Too much Mendelssohn could be, well, too much!

Comment

• Conchis
            Banned
            • Jun 2014

Probably a blessing I missed the Solti deal - too much duplication and I'm runing out of space to put these things!

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Conchis View Post
              Probably a blessing I missed the Solti deal - too much duplication and I'm runing out of space to put these things!
              That's how I rationalised my failed attempt to order. However I will be at the front of the queue of any successful acuiresr of the set who have any duplications which fill any of my gaps!

Comment

• Parry1912
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                However I will be at the front of the queue of any successful acquirers of the set who have any duplications which fill any of my gaps!
                Isn’t that what ebay is for?
                Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Conchis View Post
                  Happy to report mine is on its way. Sent from Ridgmont, Bedfordshire at 7 minutes past midnight this morning.

[Although there are 108 CDs, some have rather short playing times. Disc 3, for instance, has less than 16 minutes!]
                  Last edited by Bryn; 17-11-17, 07:36. Reason: Additinal comment.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

The Solti box arrived shortly after midday. Yet again the Amazon Logistics deliverer simply knocked on the front door, left the package on the doorstep and drove off within the 30 seconds or so it took me to get downstairs and open the door. A complaint to amazon.co.uk wil again be lodged.

The box was very well packaged and is a step up from those used for the DG Karajan Opera, '60s, '70, '80s etc. sets. In place of their soft-back book there is a lavish hard-back which even has silver edges to the pages. The box is slightly oblong in plan, as against the square base of the Karajan sets. Very impressive. What a bargain (it was)!

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

The Solti box arrived shortly after midday. Yet again the Amazon Logistics deliverer simply knocked on the front door, left the package on the doorstep and drove off within the 30 seconds or so it took me to get downstairs and open the door. A complaint to amazon.co.uk wil again be lodged.

The box was very well packaged and is a step up from those used for the DG Karajan Opera, '60s, '70, '80s etc. sets. In place of their soft-back book there is a lavish hard-back which even has silver edges to the pages. The box is slightly oblong in plan, as against the square base of the Karajan sets. Very impressive. What a bargain (it was)!
                      You're milking this Bryn!

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                        You’ll have to let me know what I missed - since I didn’t bother. Too much Mendelssohn could be, well, too much!
                        Can't help you. I cancelled my order. I did not think many of the recordings in the set would vie well against those I already have. While there are some Mendelssohn works I am very fond of, I don't feel much of a need to add further alternative recordings.

Comment

• Alison
                          • Nov 2010

I was in time for the Solti, set up the order, then bottled it at the last minute.

That was some bargain! Full marks Nethersage.

Comment

• Alison
                            • Nov 2010

And the Bruckner discs include Die Nulte

Comment

• Conchis
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                              And the Bruckner discs include Die Nulte
                              Solti's CSO Bruckner discs turn up reasonably frequently in charity shops.

His VPO Bruckner recordings, briefly reissued on Ovation, are much harder to find, in my experince, though I think the 7th may have been reiussed by Eloquence.

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                                • Nov 2010

It being Black Friday, Amazon France are doing a 3CDs for €15 deal. No idea what the postage would be to the UK but there are some good bargains to be found, if you don't mind scrolling through about 40 pages of CDs. Filtering by price is possible - and by format - but patience is needed. The discount only works in multiples of three - and is shown at the last page before you click the button to place the order. Anyway, see:

and click Musique Classique. It includes stuff like the box of Kubelik's Dvorak symphonies, Frans Brüggen's Schubert symphonies, Keilberth's Ring (probably in some dodgy transfer but 12 CDs for €5 isn't bad) and a good smattering of 20th century pieces - Feldman, Tristan Murail, Lachenmann and so on. In fact, something for everyone.
                                Last edited by HighlandDougie; 24-11-17, 13:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X