Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5against4 View Post
    Ah, apologies! When i read the booklet i thought the point they were making was that they wanted to include both audio and video of that specific performance. Nice to know we actually get an extra performance!
    Well, basically the same reading. It's just they would have taken the opportunity, with the CD, of patching from a series of performances, rehearsals, retakes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
      I can refer to my recent purchase of two items ordered on Feb 18:
      Very interesting and well-priced 10CD Harald Genzmer collection at Euro 13.99 https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/det...s/hnum/7800189
      Brahms Duets and Quartets, filling a gap for me, at 12.99 https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/cpo/detail/...e/hnum/5892052

I've checked the invoice and I was charged Euro 11.76 + 10.92 (with VAT at 0%) + postage 6.58. Total = 29.26. £25.20 was taken from my credit card account. They arrived two weeks later with no doorstep transaction or further payment. So actually a good deal and no complaints really. Not sure how I got away with not paying VAT.

Good luck!
      Sounds OK - though still nothing like as good as pre the B**** word. I used to use JPC quite a lot, but not since you know what.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        Well, basically the same reading. It's just they would have taken the opportunity, with the CD, of patching from a series of performances, rehearsals, retakes, etc.
        Indeed. Incidentally, the performance on the DVD can be streamed for free on the SWR website: https://www.swr.de/swrclassic/sympho...e-swr-602.html
        5against4.com
        @5against4

Comment

Forgive me if I’ve posted this on the wrong thread. Difficult choice I think this week to choose between the free Naxos downloads, either

MOZART W A

PC No 17 & 27 & Fantasia – Hamburg S O - Vetter S M – Ruzicka P

Or

BRUCKNER A

S No 7 – Philharmoniker Hamburg – Young S

Decisions, decisions…

Mario

Comment

Apologies…

The free download is ONLY of the Mozart Fantasia and the first movement of Bruckner.

Mario

Comment

Brilliant Classics
              French Violin Sonatas.
              7 cd box.
              One left at £ 11.00

I hope the French turn out to be good at violin sonatas…..
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                Add to my "saved for later" list of possibles. If you buy it, please report back. Some of the sonatas I know already, and have other versions of.

Comment

Plenty of French sonatas (though not quite all the contents of the box), but a total lack of French performers unless I am much mistaken!
                  I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
                    Plenty of French sonatas (though not quite all the contents of the box), but a total lack of French performers unless I am much mistaken!
                    Frenchman, Jean-Jacques Kantorow, plays violin on the Roussel disc. Recommendable performances with Jet Röling on piano.

Comment

Looks like now price has doubled but Presto have mp3 download for £5.60

Comment

Not too long ago someone wanted advice about Brahms' vocal music. I spotted a cheap set from Brilliant available on Amazon:

Manufacturer ‏ : ‎ Brilliant Classics
                        Manufacturer reference ‏ : ‎ WA-16102507
                        Original Release Date ‏ : ‎ 2011
                        Label ‏ : ‎ Brilliant Classics
                        ASIN ‏ : ‎ B005JWX7KE

Even at the current price of about £17 that might still be of interest to some. It is also available by streaming for Prime members.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                          Not too long ago someone wanted advice about Brahms' vocal music. I spotted a cheap set from Brilliant available on Amazon:

Manufacturer ‏ : ‎ Brilliant Classics
                          Manufacturer reference ‏ : ‎ WA-16102507
                          Original Release Date ‏ : ‎ 2011
                          Label ‏ : ‎ Brilliant Classics
                          ASIN ‏ : ‎ B005JWX7KE

Even at the current price of about £17 that might still be of interest to some. It is also available by streaming for Prime members.
                          The performances are really very good, assuming this in Nicol Matt and the Chamber Choir of Europe.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Solti in London [36CD, Decca]

Deal Price: £41.83

There are a handful of other boxes on offer too.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. Duly ordered: ditto the Zoltan Kocsis box.

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
                                Thanks for the heads-up. Duly ordered: ditto the Zoltan Kocsis box.
                                Yeah, I went for the Kocsis too. I'd been waiting a while for that one to drop in price.
                                The other boxes that have been discounted: Heinrich Schiff / Olivier Latry / Erich Kleiber (the newer release)

Comment

Working...
                                X