X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
    Oops, hadn't seen the thread on the Martyrdom when I posted the above.
    Nor had I!

Comment

• Hitch
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      Many thanks, PJPJ. Your input acted as quite a fillip. I have now installed the latest version of Goldwave on my 64 bit Windows 7 laptop, transferred the registration, uninstalled from this XP laptop, edited the Feldman SQ2 into a single 3.61GB .wav file and used Goldwave to save it as a 1.21GB .flac for playback on my cheap and cheerful Arnova 7" G2 Gingerbread tablet. Phew! Just the thing for long coach journeys.
      Would Reaper be of any use to you? The demo is completely unrestricted and doesn't require a powerful computer. It's a very small file to download; barely bigger than the average mp3!

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Hitch View Post
        Would Reaper be of any use to you? The demo is completely unrestricted and doesn't require a powerful computer. It's a very small file to download; barely bigger than the average mp3!
        Thanks for the link but I am well enough supplied with DAWs for my purposes. The only problem was my not keeping up with changing file size limits, and that oversight is now resolved.

Comment

• Curalach

In their clearance offers, Europadisc have the Daniel Hope recording of the Berg and Britten concertos at £4.00 + 95p postage.
          Berg / Britten - Violin Concertos | The British violinist Daniel Hope’s debut disc for Warner Classics pairs the Berg and Britten violin concertos performe

Comment

• Don Petter

Has anyone yet mentioned the Winter Sale on the Dutton site?

Six pages of goodies from £1.99 upwards.

Comment

• Ferretfancy
              • Nov 2010

Don Petter,
              You beat me to the post!
              Sadly, I've got most of Dutton's historic material already, but I think I must use their sale to get to know works by composers like York Bowen. There's some very interesting stuff in the list.

Comment

• Dave2002
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                Has anyone yet mentioned the Winter Sale on the Dutton site?

Six pages of goodies from £1.99 upwards.
                Trouble is I bought some a year or more back, and now I'm in danger of buying some of them again! Winifred Atwell in Grieg Piano Concerto!

Several CDs of the Griller Quartet, Don Gillis CD. The CD of British recorder concertos looks like a rarity - there's certainly some interesting stuff there.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                  Trouble is I bought some a year or more back, and now I'm in danger of buying some of them again! Winifred Atwell in Grieg Piano Concerto!
                  You mean you can't always remember what you've got? I'm glad I have my index!

Comment

• Ferretfancy
                    • Nov 2010

I bought the Don Gillis CD from Dutton a while back, as I remember the popularity of his Symphony No. 5 and a Half. but, Oh Dear! Treat with caution ! You would have to be very dedicated indeed to American music of the folksy outdoor variety to become a Don Gillis fan. I rather suspect that he might be writing for drum majorettes in the Tea Party today!

Comment

• PJPJ
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
                      Don Petter,
                      You beat me to the post!
                      Sadly, I've got most of Dutton's historic material already, but I think I must use their sale to get to know works by composers like York Bowen. There's some very interesting stuff in the list.
                      The Bowen discs, W H Reed, Benjamin Dale and Algernon Ashton are all worth considering, especially at less than Naxos prices.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
                        The Bowen discs, W H Reed, Benjamin Dale and Algernon Ashton are all worth considering, especially at less than Naxos prices.
                        Many thanks for this guidance, PJPJ.

Having ordered from Dutton a while back, I can say that their service is swift and their packaging ultra-safe - added to such interesting repertoire at low prices in their sale, a marvellous company.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Interesting forthcoming Australian Eloquence releases for February and March:

Nilsson; Crespin; della Casa Richard Strauss Heroines
                          Pro Arte Piano Quartet FAURE: Piano Quartet No. 1; Piano Trio
                          Pro Arte Piano Quartet BRAHMS: Piano Quartet No. 3. SCHUMANN: Piano Quartet
                          Pro Arte Piano Quartet MOZART: Piano Quartets 1 & 2
                          Ernest Ansermet HONEGGER: Symphonies 2-4; Choral works. MARTIN: In Terra Pax
                          Ernest Ansermet STRAVINSKY - ANSERMET: The First Decca Recordings
                          Piere Monteux DVORAK: Symphony No. 7. ELGAR: Enigma Variations
                          Claudio Abbado BEETHOVEN: Symphonies Nos. 7 & 8. Prometheus: Overture
                          Pascal Rogé; Lorin Maazel; Walter Weller FRANCK: Symphony in D minor; Variations symphoniques. BARTOK: Rhapsody
                          Kenneth Alwyn TCHAIKOVSKY: 1812 Oveture; Capriccio italien; Swan Lake
                          Kenneth Alwyn GRIEG: Peer Gynt - Suite No. 1. ROSSINI: Overtures

Comment

• mathias broucek
                            • Nov 2010

The Martin In Terra Pax is lovely....

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                              Gone fishin'
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
                              Do you mind if I add the Thomas Dunhill disc to your selection, PJX2?
                              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• aeolium
                                • Nov 2010

There are some fair bargains in the Selections clearance sale (not sure if this has come up before in this thread), including:

Complete Beethoven set, 85 CDs for £79 inc piano sonatas/concertos with Gulda, symphonies Leipzig Gewandhaus/Masur, violin sonatas with Grumiaux/Haskil, quartets with Guarneri, piano trios with Borodin Trio inter al. I am not one generally for complete sets (and some of these I am sure are available cheaply elsewhere) but seems like good value. The Guarneri quartets and the Grumiaux/Haskil are available separately in this clearance sale.
                                Brahms chamber music for £12.99
                                Schumann chamber music for £5.99
                                Tippett selected orchestral works cond by Tippett for £1.50
                                and quite a few others including Scriabin and Glazunov symphonies.

Comment

Working...
                                X