Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony’s 60CD Baroque Masterpieces is currently available s/h on Amazon for a fiver plus postage.
    Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
      Sony’s 60CD Baroque Masterpieces is currently available s/h on Amazon for a fiver plus postage.
      Err, was available. Many thanks for the spot. Perfect birthday gift for baroque-ignorant yoof relative (hope that the box isn't too distressed).

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
        Err, was available. Many thanks for the spot. Perfect birthday gift for baroque-ignorant yoof relative (hope that the box isn't too distressed).
        I've probably got that one, or a very similar one already - I'll have to check the contents. There is another for a tad over £30, though not sold as new.

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
          Perfect birthday gift for baroque-ignorant yoof relative....
          ... if said yoof is baroque-ignorant, you might gently indicate that "Albinoni's Adagio" is a twentieth-century work...

Comment

That Baroque box is still good value at £30 or so. Bit of a mixed bag, and more highlights discs than is ideal, but deffo worth the money.

Ht
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

I imagine most of us on here may well have these recordings but the remastered Mahler Barbirolli box from Warner of 1,5,6 &9 plus the Janet Baker Mahler recordings is now just £9.99 on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey
                I thought I'd find a place - and think this is as good as any - to report a bargain from John Lewis - their Tenor Hi-Fi music system, which I've just purchased to replace my ailing Pure bedside radio/CD player. When I get to the end of the set-up instructions I'll have a good replacement...!
                This is the "Record Review/Bargains/CD Exchange/Bargains" thread. I think you might find the "Platform 3/Bargains - not CDs!" thread more apposite.

Comment

The Haitink Concertgebouw big
                  box has dropped a decent bit to £216

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

RCA Living Stereo Collection - Vol 1 (60xCD)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Living-Ster...ywords=living+ stereo+vol+1&qid=1690040630&s=music&sp refix=living+stereo+vol+1%2Cclassical%2C68&sr= 1-1

This re-issue has been out for about 2 months. The amazon price of £73.25 is currently the best and at about £1.20 a disc this seems a decent bargain.

Comment

The Haitink big box is down to £164

Comment

Originally posted by FRJames View Post
                        RCA Living Stereo Collection - Vol 1 (60xCD)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Living-Ster...ywords=living+ stereo+vol+1&qid=1690040630&s=music&sp refix=living+stereo+vol+1%2Cclassical%2C68&sr= 1-1

This re-issue has been out for about 2 months. The amazon price of £73.25 is currently the best and at about £1.20 a disc this seems a decent bargain.
                        That's over 50% more than I paid for it at the time of its original release, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

That's over 50% more than I paid for it at the time of its original release, however.
                          You were lucky then! I just checked the price of my copy, and it was around £10 less than the current price. I guess I must have thought it was worth it at the time. Some of the CDs are good, but others less so - though that's often the way with these big collections.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            The Haitink big box is down to £164
                            At that price I think the speculators will be moving in.

Comment

Originally posted by FRJames View Post

At that price I think the speculators will be moving in.
                              I have certainly been speculating whether to get it or not. I guess there might be a reasonable market for the Christmas Matinee DVD boxed set I already have. However, getting a sensible return on the CDs I have would be rather more problematic, I think.

Comment

Price (direct from Amazon) of the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra collection reduced to probably the cheapest it's been if you factor in inflation.
                                £80.37

Comment

Working...
                                X