• PJPJ
    • Nov 2010

Ho ho ho! Well, it made me smile.....

from Presto's front page.

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by hafod View Post
      This one however is a steal not an overdose.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Schubert-Com...4163583&sr=1-2
      hafod: I was later than others here in ordering this 'steal' but am delighted to say that it dropped onto my mat today, charged at the quoted silly price

So, very many thanks for the lead, and if anyone else is still waiting, don't despair!

I see RiverpeopleUK are no longer quoting any direct-from-their-shelves price, not even £62...
      Last edited by LeMartinPecheur; 16-06-12, 23:25.
      I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
        hafod: I was later than others here in ordering this 'steal' but am delighted to say that it dropped onto my mat today, charged at the quoted silly price
        That makes two of us. (I checked: I ordered my set April 12th. )

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
          That makes two of us. (I checked: I ordered my set April 12th. )
          roehre: are we identical twins or just psychically linked? I ordered the same day...
          I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• hafod
            • Nov 2010

So, very many thanks for the lead, and if anyone else is still waiting, don't despair!
            Pleased it arrived. Patience is generally a virtue in such circumstances. I have on a number of occasions whacked in an order for what is a silly price and waited and waited... Only once was it cancelled and then readvertised at a higher price.
            Music of the Enlightenment - Limited Edition 30 CD set has appeared on this thread before but not at £14.99 (actually £15.25 delivered and Harmonia Mundi are, in my experience, one of the very best marketplace sellers).

Comment

• Dave2002
              • Dec 2010

Hafod

Great deal that on the HM box - Music of the Enlightenment. I've held off on that for a long while, and indeed saw it in a shop recently for around £42. Almost criminal not to order it at that price!

I'm still waiting for some cheap Dvorak CDs - keep getting revised delivery dates. I think they were ordered from the US or Canada!

Comment

• ostuni
                • Nov 2010

Thanks, hafod - ordered!

Comment

• Roehre

roehre: are we identical twins or just psychically linked? I ordered the same day...
                  According to my mum there was only me, so we must be psychically linked then

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ostuni View Post
                    Thanks, hafod - ordered!
                    Ditto. Even re-importing it back into France it works out at about 54p per CD. Delighted to see that it thus passes the Dave "any CD as long as it's less than 99p" test. I've got half the CDs in the box anyway but, hey, 2 houses = the need for 2 sets of CDs.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
                      Ditto. Even re-importing it back into France it works out at about 54p per CD. Delighted to see that it thus passes the Dave "any CD as long as it's less than 99p" test. I've got half the CDs in the box anyway but, hey, 2 houses = the need for 2 sets of CDs.
                      Ah, one for the cds anonymous thread.
                      I just need to buy another house to justify my obsession,sorted.

Comment

• Dave2002
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
                        Hey, is that me? Have you worked out my algorithm? it's not always 99p. The Mercury box (it IS worth having hafod!) worked out at around £1.50/CD. OTOH the Karajan EMI box of orchestral music does pass the test, providing you ignore the fact that some music is presented at least twice with different dates/orchestras etc. I have been know to pay a lot more per disc. Some Bruckner discs I bought recently were over £8 each - Rattle 9 and Schuricht's 8th on SACDs. The Bernstein Symphony edition was slighly over £1 per disc.

This HM set at the latest offered price is well within the parameters of "my" algorithm.

Comment

• Parry1912
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ostuni View Post
                          Thanks, hafod - ordered!
                          Ditto - Thanks for the 'enlightenment' hafod!
                          Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• Curalach

Thanks again Hafod. Not everything in the box is likely to appeal to me but at that price, who cares!

Comment

• vinteuil
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                              Music of the Enlightenment - Limited Edition 30 CD set has appeared on this thread before but not at £14.99 (actually £15.25 delivered and Harmonia Mundi are, in my experience, one of the very best marketplace sellers).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new
                              ... hafod - many thanks for flagging this up!

This is very much my period, and I think I've probably got at least two-thirds of this already - but at this price....

Thanks again.

As others have indicated, the best solution is probably to acquire another house - a résidence secondaire - and then one wd be absolved from all guilt...

Comment

• PJPJ
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                                Hey, is that me? Have you worked out my algorithm? it's not always 99p. The Mercury box (it IS worth having hafod!) worked out at around £1.50/CD. OTOH the Karajan EMI box of orchestral music does pass the test, providing you ignore the fact that some music is presented at least twice with different dates/orchestras etc. ....
                                How about the DG Karajan box just coming out? No, I must resist, must resist.

Comment

Working...
                                X