No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
    Rather chuffed that a massive investment a few years ago has paid off
    I heard Jansen play it somehow, presumably on R3 when her recording came out and was very struck by her performance, particularly the opening. Later I found her CD in a cardboard box (with nothing else classical IIRC) in a small local-charity shop in Honiton. I snapped it up for about 50p. Now I see it's deleted
    If the disc has been deleted, why was Kate Kennedy allowed to include it in her shortlist? Also, why was the original version (violin and piano, of which there are a number of recordings) not discussed and only mentioned briefly in Tom Service's introduction?

Comment

Perhaps because it’s easily available through all the streaming services?

Comment

Originally posted by gradus View Post
        I enjoyed the review and think TS would be a good host when Andrew isn't available.
        They’d both be much better hosts if they could refrain from interrupting.

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
          They’d both be much better hosts if they could refrain from interrupting.
          Mr Service's problem on Saturday was that he constantly interrupted to repeat a point that Kate Kennedy had just made, taking twice as long to say it and being less than half as articulate. I hope he will listen to a playback in the spirit of self-criticism, and maybe learn from his mistake. Whatever the Peter Rabbits might have to say about him, Mr McGregor is different gravy from this!

Comment

Originally posted by Goon525 View Post
            Perhaps because it’s easily available through all the streaming services?
            As shown on EA's usual excellent listing in#1!

And while the version with piano may be the original, for me it has little of the magic of the orchestral so I really can't feel we missed anything by its exclusion.
            I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

Given that quite often there's an 'Also recommended' or 'Budget choice' mentioned, it seems a little odd to have opted just for one (download-only) recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                Given that quite often there's an 'Also recommended' or 'Budget choice' mentioned, it seems a little odd to have opted just for one (download-only) recommendation.
                Just listened to this - I did like the winner but Jansen is outstanding in just about everything - liked Benedetti, thought Ehnes beautiful but characterless , Still far from sure anything topped Bean and Boult in the versions played.

Comment

Working...
                X