Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
    Thanks for the reminder, Alison. I'll be working but recorder will be on. Presumably this is the performance given in the Concertgebouw from last Christmas Day.
    Or is it the superb Philips recording now on Newton Classics?

Comment

More likely to be a live performamance given the slot in the schedule ?

Thanks to Petrushka, I am shortly to get into bed and enjoy part two of last years Christmas Day concert !

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        More likely to be a live performamance given the slot in the schedule ?

Thanks to Petrushka, I am shortly to get into bed and enjoy part two of last years Christmas Day concert !
        Glad to be of service, Alison. Can't think why I haven't alerted you to that link before.
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

I found someone selling the Liege/Bartholomee recording on eBay. Having put in the minimum bid (which was quite high with p & p) I then discovered it was at LP rather than a CD, and therefore more of a risk. It was too late to change my mind, so I decided not to put in any further bids. No-one outbid me until shortly before the deadline. I let it go.

Still Hoey, Alsop, Bartholomee and Svetlanov to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
            I found someone selling the Liege/Bartholomee recording on eBay. Having put in the minimum bid (which was quite high with p & p) I then discovered it was at LP rather than a CD, and therefore more of a risk. It was too late to change my mind, so I decided not to put in any further bids. No-one outbid me until shortly before the deadline. I let it go.

Still Hoey, Alsop, Bartholomee and Svetlanov to find.
            EA

Sorry that amazon.fr proved to be no good. there is

but the price may be rather high. If it is of interest but there are delivery problems to the UK, PM me as I have an account with FNAC and I'll be back in the UK early next month

HD

Comment

Thanks HD. I have in fact tracked down a 2nd hand version which has just arrived. Thank you for your assistance withy this and similar issues.

Anyway, I now have 72 versions, not including off-air recordings.

Comment

I've bought it after it received reading a glowing review in Gramophone but it's still in it's plastic wrapping awaiting the time to listen to it. It's a work I've always been fond of having played in the Scottish premiere!

Comment

Sorry, which version are we talking about?

Comment

Is it the Shipway ?

Comment

I must say I'm rather enjoying this recent stream of semi-conciousnesses

Comment

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                        Is it the Shipway ?
                        If it is, don't leave in the plastic wrapper. Play it!

Comment

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
                          I've bought it after it received reading a glowing review in Gramophone but it's still in it's plastic wrapping awaiting the time to listen to it. It's a work I've always been fond of having played in the Scottish premiere!
                          Sorry! Yes, the Shipway.

He neighbours are on holiday as from tomorrow so I can pump up the volume....

Comment

If you have SACD, let me know what it sounds like.

Comment

I've just found another recording:

Ensemble Modern Orchestra, Helmut Lachenmann (2005)

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                                I've just found another recording:

Ensemble Modern Orchestra, Helmut Lachenmann (2005)
                                In fact the conductor is Markus Stenz, not Lachenmann - it's a 2 CD set with Lachenmann's Ausklang. The programming of the two works together was, though, I'm pretty sure Lachenmann's idea. I have the discs but haven't played the Strauss (though I do like Eine Alpensinfonie!) The Lachenmann is wonderful, or I find it so.

Comment

Working...
                                X