Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it you who sent SMP a "musical postcard" from the Alps on Breakfast this morning, Alpy?
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Was it you who sent SMP a "musical postcard" from the Alps on Breakfast this morning, Alpy?
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

You get some pretty impressive echoes in these alpine Threads.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post

I don't even listen to Breakfast. So No.

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            You get some pretty impressive echoes in these alpine Threads.
            YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN
            You can say that again
            You can say that again

The "postcard" was a request for the Alpensinfonie, but of course it wasn't played.

Wouldn't it have been nice to have heard the whole of AS on the way to work, with no interruptions for news summaries, comments, tweets, phone-ins....?
            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Most download version sell it in 22 sections, so that would provide 21 opportunities for gush breaks and invitations to text.

Comment

Strauss has been pulling me into his orbit recently. I was curious about the Alpine Symphony and plumped for this live recording:

Orchestra of the Tyrolean Festival/Gustav Kuhn on Col Legno.

Not having the stamina to trawl through this thread (it's been a long week), I hope the members won't mind if I ask them if they know this release. Sonnenuntergang, Ausklang and Nacht seem magical to me, especially in the context of a live recording; the ensuing applause sounds heartfelt.

By the way, my discovery of this wonderful Strauss work is largely due to Eine Alpensinfonie's presence on these boards. I think myself lucky he didn't call himself "Bolero".

Comment

Originally posted by Hitch View Post
                  By the way, my discovery of this wonderful Strauss work is largely due to Eine Alpensinfonie's presence on these boards.

I think myself lucky he didn't call himself "Bolero".
                  I think we're all with you there, Hitch!

Comment

Alpie's opinion of the col legno CD is #200 on this Thread, by the way.

Comment

Not having the stamina to trawl through this thread (it's been a long week), I hope the members won't mind if I ask them if they know this release. Sonnenuntergang, Ausklang and Nacht seem magical to me, especially in the context of a live recording; the ensuing applause sounds heartfelt.
                      You know it needn't be an arduous trawl. There is a "Search Thread" tool at the top of the page. To save you the bother, however, there are no further references in this thread to Kuhn except for its inclusion in the list of runners and riders.

Comment

Thank you, fernyhoughgeliebte. How kind of you to find it for me.

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                        You know it needn't be an arduous trawl. There is a "Search Thread" tool at the top of the page. To save you the bother, however, there are no further references in this thread to Kuhn except for its inclusion in the list of runners and riders.
                        Thank you for your help. I was rather pleased with myself for using the forum's search facility to find this thread, but was unaware I could search individual threads. Is it a matter of using the white search box in the top right-hand corner or should I try elsewhere? I was rather stupefied by tiredness last night; my slow-wittedness seems to have lingered into this morning. Let's hope it's not permanent...

Now I am labouring under "First Recording Syndrome", wherein the listener is knocked sideways by the revelatory power of a new masterpiece and becomes wedded to the recording that gave him such pleasure. However, it will be fun to contrast and compare.

Comment

Thank you, fernyhoughgeliebte. How kind of you to find it for me.

Thank you for your help. I was rather pleased with myself for using the forum's search facility to find this thread, but was unaware I could search individual threads. Is it a matter of using the white search box in the top right-hand corner or should I try elsewhere?
                          Pleasure. Yes - top right hand corner. You can either use the basic search engine or the Advanced. To be frank there is little extra offered by the Advanced.

Comment

By the way, my discovery of this wonderful Strauss work is largely due to Eine Alpensinfonie's presence on these boards. I think myself lucky he didn't call himself "Bolero".
                            You're too kind!

Comment

"...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Hmm. I hope you're laughing at the second sentence and not the first.

Comment

Working...
                                X