Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All down top how we like to hear classical music.part of the joys of this wondrous genre that we all love!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

If forumites are looking for the deleted Fischer - if they still have a local HMV that is the place to check . The branch where I live still had three in stock this morning . I noted also that the BAL winning Grumiaux Bach Violin Concertos is also in that Classic FM Full Works series.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
        Like others I got to know the work via Solti +LSO (my LP is in glorious mono) which I haven't listened to for years but have good memories of. I've been to the garage to check the abstract art work on the cover (see above) - seems to be anonymous.
        Crikey, our garage doesn't do any decent CDs any more, let alone LPs...

Agree re. the Fischer though - of the various versions I have or had it sounds the most convinced and convincing.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
          Crikey, our garage doesn't do any decent CDs any more, let alone LPs...

Agree re. the Fischer though - of the various versions I have or had it sounds the most convinced and convincing.
          'Enemy of the stoat'? You're not from New Zealand are you?
          [Sorry, not relevant to the thread I know: I've not heard the Fischer, being a Reiner man...though I remember wonderful live performances by Silvestri in Bournemouth]

Comment

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
            If forumites are looking for the deleted Fischer - if they still have a local HMV that is the place to check . The branch where I live still had three in stock this morning . I noted also that the BAL winning Grumiaux Bach Violin Concertos is also in that Classic FM Full Works series.
            At time of writing the Fischer is available at HMV.com
            http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=206822

Comment

Just listening to the World Orchestra for Peace / Solti performance on that BBC MM CD from October . It really is very good indeed as E of the S and Zola suggest above . Exciting recording and performance .

Not so sure about the accompanying Gergiev Petrushka - marvellously played but laid on a bit thick.

Comment

Working...
              X