Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panjandrum View Post
    Moreover, a surprise that no mention was made of Bolet: given Stephen Plaistow would have been among those who voted Bolet’s book of the Swiss year as “Gramophone Record of the Year” back in the day, this oversight appears all the more strange.
    I suppose this is because Bolet's version is no longer available except as part of a larger box set.

Comment

Originally posted by silvestrione View Post
      Yes, they found him of especial interest, but how on earth could they have chosen Jorge Bolet? Those later Decca recordings of his are mostly dull, aren't they? Afraid my French is not good enough to get to the bottom of it.
      Just for fun I translated this page using the Google Toolbar (OK, my A level French is a bit rusty these days). On the whole not a bad effort for something which took approx 3 secs. However, not sure that "Au bord d'une source" really translates as "At the Edge of a Source".

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie
      I suppose this is because Bolet's version is no longer available except as part of a larger box set
      You're probably right, although it can be obtained singly from the usual sources, albeit as an import.

Comment

I was surprised at that to, re Berman being brushed aside so quickly. I quite admire his playing.
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
        X