X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roger Webb
    • Feb 2024

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post

I wonder why the Hungarian Quartet hasn’t had a major reissue. Warner reissued the mono set but not the stereo,afaik. I obtained the stereo set with difficulty from France many years ago and it’s still my preferred set but a modern remaster would be nice
    Loads of reissues of the 'classic' '53 mono set, but as far as I can see the last issue for the '65 stereo set was CD EMI CZS 573 798 2, before that the LPs were on SLS 857

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204777128929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=lnwaywu9qco&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=gy8zydir s_ i&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

If its in good nick seems a bargain.

Comment

• Barbirollians
      • Nov 2010

A splendid winner but some remarkable omissions . No Takacs or Vegh for example.

Comment

• Roger Webb
        • Feb 2024

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
        A splendid winner but some remarkable omissions . No Takacs or Vegh for example.
        I agree, I had Italians as my overall long time favourite......and also Takacs and Vegh on my 'short' list - which featured eight....two too many. Don't forget BaL has quite a short short list now (and some startling omissions) - one of my complaints of the 'cosy chat' format.

I still think La Tribune do a good job.....and they're bound to leave somebody's favourite out.

Comment

Working...
        X