Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

If that isn't a predictive text 'correction', it's brilliant.

Let's hope that there's not too much coughing during the performance.
    Very appropriate - Stravinsky had a very phlegmatic approach to Music.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

If that isn't a predictive text 'correction', it's brilliant.

Let's hope that there's not too much coughing during the performance.
      Oh dear! Duly corrected!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Many thanks once more to Pulcinella for enabling me to listen to the Endymion Ensemble CD, which I now finally have done.

Firstly I should say the disc contains absolutely excellent versions of Dumbarton Oaks (not a favourite of mine but maybe on the strength of this recording I might rethink that), the Ebony Concerto and Octet. As for the work under discussion, it was an interesting idea to put both versions on the disc although yet again the points up the (IMO) inferiority of the later one. As for the 1920 version, does it supplant Boulez's Berlin recording in my affections? Not quite. It's beautifully played, but I don't think it quite hangs together in the way that the Boulez does, in terms of tempo relationships. A lovely CD though, which I'm very happy to have a copy of.

Comment

Thanks for your comments, Richard.

It looks like we have reached a consensus, not least as the Endymion CD (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stravinsky-...eld+stravinsky) is no longer available; even the few remaining when I ordered mine have now been snapped up, possibly as a result of endorsement on this thread!

1920 version: BPO/Boulez (DG)
          (Inferior) 1947 version: London Sinfonietta/Salonen (Sony and YouTube)

Comment

Thanks for your comments, Richard.

It looks like we have reached a consensus, not least as the Endymion CD (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stravinsky-...eld+stravinsky) is no longer available; even the few remaining when I ordered mine have now been snapped up, possibly as a result of endorsement on this thread!

1920 version: BPO/Boulez (DG)
            (Inferior) 1947 version: London Sinfonietta/Salonen (Sony and YouTube)
            One here, at a price.

Comment

Working...
            X