Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAL ORGAN MUSIC 11th Sept

Is it a sign of mental decline that I enjoyed that performance of Pure Imagination more than any of the other pieces on this very good Organ CD review Summer BAL pull together? . What a player Carpenter is..

You’ve been doing some heavy listening this week, Helden. Have no worries.

A very enjoyable 45 mins and don’t miss Anna’s new CD either!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      You’ve been doing some heavy listening this week, Helden. Have no worries.

A very enjoyable 45 mins and don’t miss Anna’s new CD either!
      Working from home listening 09- 22.00 most days rounded off with 1 hour of Succession on NOW TV . One of the best proms seasons ever in my view ..
      Can’t find the new Cameron Carpenter on Qubuz which is annoying. Anna is a v good presenter isn’t she ?

Comment

Shameful confession but I'm not a huge fan of organ music, other than sometimes in situ, preferably in a large Gothic cathedral. However, Anna Lapwood's articulate and enthusiastic recommendations this morning had me ordering the Thomas Ospital Liszt (which I'd never heard before) and dusting off the Olivier Latry in the DG Messiaen box. Great for giving the ATCs a proper workout - and scaring the magpies out of the garden. A most enjoyable Record Review segment (and I see that she is Director of Music at the Cambridge College where I should be spending a night the week after next - the Master is a very old friend - so I might shamelessly request an introduction).

Comment

Originally posted by Heldenleben View Post
          Working from home listening 09- 22.00 most days rounded off with 1 hour of Succession on NOW TV . One of the best proms seasons ever in my view ..
          Can’t find the new Cameron Carpenter on Qubuz which is annoying. Anna is a v good presenter isn’t she ?
          This is the latest on Carpenter's own website....."New Album" though Qobuz lists it as 2019...
          Listen to unlimited or download Rachmaninoff: Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini & Poulenc: Organ Concerto by Cameron Carpenter in Hi-Res quality on Qobuz. Subscription from £10.83/month.

Comment

Working...
          X