Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
    ... another temptation might be the EMI Alicia de Larrocha complete recordings - eight CDs, which will give you

CD1 Soler - eight sonatas
    Granados seis piezas sobre cantos populares espanoles
    CD2 Granados - Goyescas - el Pelele
    Albeniz - Iberia (beginning)
    CD3 Albeniz - Iberia (conclusion) - Navarra - Azulejos
    CD4 Albeniz - suite espanola - pavana - tango - cantos de espana - zaragoza- malaguena - mallorca - zambra granadina
    CD5 Granados - doce danzas espanolas - danza lenta - allegro de concierto - valses poeticos
    CD6 Granados - escenas romanticas
    Falla - piezas espanolas - fantasia betica - la vida breve - el sombrero de tres picos - el amor brujo - dances
    Albeniz - la vega
    CD7 Turina - sanlucar de barrameda - danzas fantasticas
    Montsalvatge - concierto breve
    CD8 Concert with Victoria de los Angeles - songs by Literes, Laserna, Granados, Falla, and Gimenez
    It's magnificent. Thanks, vinteuil.

Comment

Wouldn't want to be without Alicia de Larrocha's recording of Chopin's Waltz op 34/2 and Nocturne op 32/1. Recorded in 1932 when she was nine. Feet scarcely reaching the pedals, but the legato/rubato - to the manner born. Taken by Supervia to the Odeon studios in Madrid.

Can't see them on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
        ... another temptation might be the EMI Alicia de Larrocha complete recordings - eight CDs, which will give you

CD1 Soler - eight sonatas
        Granados seis piezas sobre cantos populares espanoles

CD2 Granados - Goyescas - el Pelele
        Albeniz - Iberia (beginning)

CD3 Albeniz - Iberia (conclusion) - Navarra - Azulejos

CD4 Albeniz - suite espanola - pavana - tango - cantos de espana - zaragoza- malaguena - mallorca - zambra granadina

CD5 Granados - doce danzas espanolas - danza lenta - allegro de concierto - valses poeticos

CD6 Granados - escenas romanticas
        Falla - piezas espanolas - fantasia betica - la vida breve - el sombrero de tres picos - el amor brujo - dances
        Albeniz - la vega

CD7 Turina - sanlucar de barrameda - danzas fantasticas
        Montsalvatge - concierto breve

CD8 Concert with Victoria de los Angeles - songs by Literes, Laserna, Granados, Falla, and Gimenez
        Some of this compilation, reminds me of a similar project she did for Decca?
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by verismissimo View Post
          Wouldn't want to be without Alicia de Larrocha's recording of Chopin's Waltz op 34/2 and Nocturne op 32/1. Recorded in 1932 when she was nine. Feet scarcely reaching the pedals, but the legato/rubato - to the manner born. Taken by Supervia to the Odeon studios in Madrid.

Can't see them on YouTube.
          Here you go, verismissimo

Wunderkind! Alicia nine year old...De Larrocha's legs were too short to reach the pedals...

Comment

Many thanks, am. Astonishingly mature playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
              I am sure neither of you will regret it!
              Duly arrived from Germany. The re-mastered recording sounds fine - and lends a certain atmosphere to what is a lovely performance of the Goyescas (and of Iberia from what I've listened to so far). Perfect music for a beautiful mediterranean afternoon.

Comment

I do wish that some enterprising company would issue a recording of the Goyescas by Jonathan Powell, who's had it in his repertoire for well over a decade (he also now play Iberia, incidentally).

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                  ... Jonathan Powell, who's ... also now play[s] Iberia, incidentally).
                  And how!

By the way, anyone getting the de Larrocha box should be aware that the transfers of Goyescas appear to come from rather poorly stored masters (or maybe even copies thereof). The playing is well worth it though.

Comment

I forgot to mention that Artur Pizarro has recorded a selection of this music to.
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                    X