X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

There's a repeated little set of half hour concertos that get wheeled out at 7pm occasionally
    7.30 pm in fact. (Plan to have clarinet-playing g-kid installed in front of box by that time.)

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
      7.30 pm in fact. (Plan to have clarinet-playing g-kid installed in front of box by that time.)
      Ah yes - 7.30 is when they stick them on, handy 30 minute early evening fare. Don't tell me it's on again this evening?!

PS - ****** me, so it is http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01k02my/episodes/guide

That was just a random reference from me...

These 'concertos at the proms' have been on loads of times - there must be dozens of others they could use. Must be a 'money' thing

"...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
        he might have been complicit in the whole ego-trippy, shallow confection.
        I have my suspicions about his rôle in the enormous load of b***s in question

"...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

so is that why Ards sticks his Grand Kids in front of the telly , and makes them play the clarinet, then?

seems sensible, actually......

(might have work cut out if Ards has a 40" widescreen job though).
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Oh, dear. The original Mozart Kugeln were the ones in silver and blue wrappers, made by Fürst (but perhaps TS (sorry team) was explaining about the imitation ones?):

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• muzzer
              • Nov 2013

It's mostly awful isn't it. But Nicola Benedetti talking thru her playing is great. I think she's a really sincere communicator.

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
                It's mostly awful isn't it. But Nicola Benedetti talking thru her playing is great. I think she's a really sincere communicator.
                I did think of turning off at one point but stuck with it and got a few things from it. I think the reaction shots become rather mesmerising. Good to know that Tom agreed (enthusiastically) with everything that was being said. But the lead-up to Porgi Amor was quite good ...

Mmm, I was trying to find that bit again just now (I'd just watched it), and it reminded me I had to have a TV licence, so I clicked on 'I don't have a TV licence' and it whipped me off to some site where I could buy one ...

Is this the next episode on now?

I've found the first episode - I meant the intro to Porgi amor by Jane Glover.
                Last edited by french frank; 23-01-15, 22:07.
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
                X