This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC announces plans for new, distinctive digital music stations

These plans, announced by BBC Radio, are for three new digital stations for Radio 1, 2 and 3:

Looking at the R3 details, it's pretty desperate stuff: "A new Radio 3 extension providing a classical music experience that helps listeners unwind, destress and escape the pressures of daily life. It will feature a wide range of classical music both familiar and new, intertwined with voices and soundscapes to create a fresh, distinctive sound that transports listeners to a place of calm.​"

Looking in more detail, it "will play peaceful favourites to ethereal choral music, and soothing orchestral textures to minimal and neoclassical sounds ... [it] will reflect mood-based repertoire from the BBC Orchestras and Choirs across the UK."

In other words, material for the mindless like too much of the content we already get. One thing that would help soothe this particular listener would be much less of the inane chatter and comments in listeners' texts, but I don't suppose we'll be getting that.

We could, of course, had an "extension" that challenged the listener, but that would have been too much for the suits who run R3. I despair!

I suggest we merge the two threads on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
      I suggest we merge the two threads on this topic.
      Trying to remember how to do that . I'll just close it for the moment.

Other topic link.
      Last edited by french frank; 08-02-24, 14:46.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
      X