No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... 'becoming' ?!
    While Auntie still pays for her remaining orchestras (and BBC Singers??) I'm temporarily withholding the manic laughter.

Comment

... 'becoming' ?!

Not particularly.

Comment

... 'becoming' ?!

I was trying to break the news to them gently!

Comment

I caught the end of Feedback on R4 yesterday. (It's been moved from Fridays as part of R4's schedule changes.) Apparently Sam Jackson is due to appear on the programme next week to talk about the R3 schedule changes, and comments were invited. (The announcement is about 27 mins into the Sounds file.)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
            I caught the end of Feedback on R4 yesterday. (It's been moved from Fridays as part of R4's schedule changes.) Apparently Sam Jackson is due to appear on the programme next week to talk about the R3 schedule changes, and comments were invited. (The announcement is about 27 mins into the Sounds file.)
            The style will be interesting to observe, but I fear the content will be the usual BBC flannel
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
              Thanks Andrew.
              "Contact details will be available just after the programme" - then it cuts out!! Clearly they don't want us to complain.

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              The style will be interesting to observe, but I fear the content will be the usual BBC flannel
              ​Not sure I have the energy to complain. Certain odious little toads* will ignore everything anyway.

* Other epithets are available.

Comment

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
                ​Not sure I have the energy to complain. Certain odious little toads* will ignore everything anyway.

* Other epithets are available.
                I'm not sure exactly which species will ignore complaints, but the BBC regards Feedback as its space for being 'accountable'. Unfortunately, that just means explaining what they're doing and possibly why. It seldom means responding seriously to complaints, however many people complain about the identical changes. And seldom, if ever, does it mean acting to satisfy the complainants.
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
                  Thanks Andrew.
                  "Contact details will be available just after the programme" - then it cuts out!! Clearly they don't want us to complain.
                  ​
                  Yes: the Sounds editors seem to be very zealous in cutting out the back announcements - perhaps in an attempt to save us from trailers.

Comment

Got caught out by the changes again! Having got back just before 12-30 from a very tiresome morning that didn't go to plan, I automatically switched the radio on to catch the remainder of CotW, and was a bit surprised to be hearing Elgar cello concerto rather than DM and Grieg. Eventually brain cells realigned to new form/time EC, and I decided to carry on listening over lunchtime. I should have turned off when it finished but got distracted by hearing the start of the Bartok Romanian Dances. From which,for some unaccountable reason, it was thought a good idea to segue into a piano rendition of "My Favourite Things"...
                    At least the afternoon offering, having been given a new name, no longer claims to be a concert, but looking at today's playlist it seems to be even more incomprehensible in terms of what audience it is supposed to be for. What would a random toe-dipper get from it that they couldn't get from a properly presented concert(live, "as live", EBU recording or whatever, as used to happen) with suitable well chosen flanking (complete) items to fill the time available. That at least wouldn't drive away the existing audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post
                      T

In my view moment would have been better spent improving navigation on BBC sounds . The user interface is very clunky - particularly its linkage with the R3 website. The Radio 3 schedule link is really hidden away in the main pages. When you compare it with Netflix or Prime it’s a bit of a joke.
                      You might be right about absolute ease of use... but being familiar with all three, I find the Radio 3 website fine... and probably because I spend more time on it than the others, fairly easy to use - although it has frustrated me at times in the past. I must have got used to it now...

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

I was merely wondering whether Radio 3 is in some danger of starting to come across as a kind of Classic FM for people with a slightly longer attention span,
                        Oh dear... that might be me. Although I can't stand CFM and I've been consuming R3 in large quantities for 48 years now...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikek View Post

Oh dear... that might be me. Although I can't stand CFM and I've been consuming R3 in large quantities for 48 years now...
                          Hello Mikek. Welcome. You're probably typical of many here who've been longtime R3 listeners. But many seem to be less enthusiastic than they once were, and the latest changes have definitely not been approved of.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Hello Mikek. Welcome. You're probably typical of many here who've been longtime R3 listeners. But many seem to be less enthusiastic than they once were, and the latest changes have definitely not been approved of.
                            Hello and welcome! We do try to be positive and upbeat in our comments, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to do so.
                            I must also point out, in the interests of fairness, that a complete Mahler song was broadcast early on in this afternoon's 'Classics Live'.

Comment

<< many seem to be less enthusiastic than they once were, and the latest changes have definitely not been approved of >>

Smack on, FF

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                                << many seem to be less enthusiastic than they once were, and the latest changes have definitely not been approved of >>

Smack on, FF

Comment

Working...
                                X