Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Count Boso View Post
    'Who are The Classical Top 5 violinists in the world as viewed by Tommy Pearson, Fiona Maddocks, Richard Bratby and Tasmin Little?

“She’s extraordinary, breathtaking…her sound is stunning” - the choice is... Rachel Podger along with Oistrakh, Kennedy, Janine Jansen, Haendel.'

The Classical Top 5, London, United Kingdom. 238 likes. It's time to make the definitive list of the best pieces of music, performers, composers...anything, in fact, that we can all argue about. In...

(The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer)
    Ah but, yes but - I got that far, but there was no post yesterday that showed the 5 that each of their experts had chosen ......

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
      Ah but, yes but - I got that far, but there was no post yesterday that showed the 5 that each of their experts had chosen ......
      Ah, you did not specify that you wished to learn who had chosen whom, merely 'who has been chosen'. Do you have an objection to actually listening to the podcast, the discussion, the reasoning, the insights?

Comment

Originally posted by Count Boso View Post
        Ah, you did not specify that you wished to learn who had chosen whom, merely 'who has been chosen'. Do you have an objection to actually listening to the podcast, the discussion, the reasoning, the insights?
        No objection, just not enough time at present ......

Comment

They have, eventually, posted this .........

“ ..... there were so many choices but eventually we (sort of) settled on these 5 because we were in agreement about them all:
          David Oistrakh
          Ida Haendel
          Nigel Kennedy
          Rachel Podger
          Janine Jansens

Of course, an hour later and we'd probably choose a completely different list (the same with all our shows!).

Thanks for listening and for your suggestions - just goes to show how many wonderful violinists there are to choose from and how each one means different things to different people.”

No Jascha then ......

Comment

I was surprised at the the number of names that didn't even come up in the discussion!

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              No Jascha then ......
              More surprisingly, only one no longer living. No Milsteins, Perlmans, Sterns, Jack Bennys

Comment

Jascha came up in the discussion but didn't make it to the top 5 for reasons I couldn't determine. Perlman did get a mention but seemed to be dismissed for not being as 'deep' as others, not being associated with one work, and having "high-gloss, 1970s" sound as well as being good for 'lollipops and bon-bons'.

Comment

Working...
                X