Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great tv theme tunes

Very taken with the music for this New Series (remind you of a certain...Op.50...?),

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I thought how much these things can mean to us, for so long......... (70s & 80s series often seemed defined by their themes....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hPj4jthKxQ)

Coupla other recent favourites....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I found random arabic vocals in full version of the song a little annoying so I've cutted them out. If this video will gain on popularity I'll try to upload ...

Feel free to share, popular or rare....

I thought the theme tune for the 'Really Wild Show' was great, jayne.
    I thought I'd have a go at making an extended version of The Really Wild Show's original theme tune as it's one of the best kids' TV themes of all time but r...

Comment

It'll be a good 'un that beats this.................

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
        Very taken with the music for this New Series (remind you of a certain...Op.50...?),

I thought how much these things can mean to us, for so long......... (70s & 80s series often seemed defined by their themes....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hPj4jthKxQ)

Coupla other recent favourites....

I found random arabic vocals in full version of the song a little annoying so I've cutted them out. If this video will gain on popularity I'll try to upload ...

Feel free to share, popular or rare....
        George Fenton: The Jewel in The Crown
        Geoffrey Burgon: Brideshead Revisited and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
        Pentangle: Light Flight (Take Three Girls)
        Carl Davis: The World At War
        Lawrie Johnson: The Avengers
        Robert Farnon: Secret Army and Colditz
        Eric Clapton and Michael Kamen: Edge of Darkness
        Vaughan Williams: A Family At War

Comment

Geoffrey Burgon: Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy (1979)

The closing setting of the Nunc Dimittis must have been one of the first ever pieces of contemporary music to make it into the charts.

Comment

How about a bit of Jan Hammer ?

Music video. Miami Vice Theme, from the television series Miami Vice (1984-1988). Starring Don Johnson and Phillip Michael Thomas.

Comment

Here is an entry from the catholics......

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                Geoffrey Burgon: Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy (1979)

The closing setting of the Nunc Dimittis must have been one of the first ever pieces of contemporary music to make it into the charts.
                Totally agree! I'm a HUGE Le Carré fan and this piece of music is just perfect given the story-line!
                Major Denis Bloodnok, Indian Army (RTD) Coward and Bar, currently residing in Barnet, Hertfordshire!

Comment

impossible to choose just one......

Comment

While on the subject, one of my favourite school day TV themes, from the TV series "Freewheelers":

Originally a library track composed by Keith Mansfield and entitled "Teenage Carnival", it was appropriated for this popular kids TV show. Freewheelers was a...

Just G-R-E-A-T!
                    Major Denis Bloodnok, Indian Army (RTD) Coward and Bar, currently residing in Barnet, Hertfordshire!

Comment

Wilfred Joseph's music for the 1964 BBC series The Great War is another memorable theme, once heard, never forgotten. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXvM66TzLFg

Agree with others that the Burgon Nunc Dimittis written for Tinker, Tailor... has to be one of the best TV theme tunes ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqLqJEIq6A8
                      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Can't say I ever watched the show, but this is a good old tune.....

Comment

Horses seem to be inspirational...

Comment

I suppose if you count Vaughan Williams 6 being used for A Family at War, you must be able to include Respighi’s The Birds, Mozart’s Musical Joke, Khachaturian’s Spartacus, Sibelius’s Pelleas & Melisande and many others.

Comment

Given that the programme's been revived and is on later this evening, I've been doing some research into the Van Der Valk theme, better known as "Eye Level" by the Simon Park Orchestra; apparently it was the first T.V. theme to make it to No.1 in the charts. I also realise, having just typed it, that "Eye Level" is probably also the only double palindromic titled record to make No.1!

Clearly this lock-down is driving me more insane than I had realised.....

Comment

Working...
                              X