Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quite like Yo-Yo Ma's user-friendly way of playing, but his first version of the Bach cello suites always leaves me feeling a bit short-changed emotionally.
    His later recordings may be different - I have not heard them.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbloom View Post
      I find the Carlos Kleiber Beethoven 5 and 7 the least interesting of his studio recordings and not a patch on the live recordings available. I keep returning to them expecting to change my mind, but they never grab me. I can't point to anything wrong with them, but I have never understood why they are routinely praised so highly. It actually bothers me a bit because I think I must be missing something that others are able to hear.
      I kind of know what you mean. There are quite a few other recordings (LvB 5 and 7) which leave me feeling "Wow - that was good!" whereas Kleiber's don't have quite the same effect. It doesn't bother me a bit, though, as I reckon certain creative outpourings have a knack of achieving sacrosanct status without too much further analysis..... what do I know, anyway?

Comment

Bach played by Angela Hewitt
        Oh dear. I beg to differ with your begging to differ! Her Goldbergs my ultimate balm to soothe a troubled mind.

Comment

Working...
        X